Adobe DX Commercial (Marketo / Magento)
Manager, Business Development
The Manager of Business Development West (BDM) is responsible for leading and managing a team of West-Coast based Business Development Representatives (BDR) tasked with building new Commercial Sales pipeline through prospecting and qualification of high-value accounts. Specific responsibilities for the BDM include, but are not limited to, coaching and training BDRs on the Adobe DX Solution Portfolio, on prospecting tools, and on effective communication strategies to generate qualified opportunities via Outbound motions.
Strategic Value of Role:
- Your team is the main driving force for identifying and providing high-value opportunities into the Commercial Sales pipeline
- Your team is the first-line of Adobe relationship development with prospective high-value accounts
What makes a great Manager of Business Development at Adobe?
- BDR Training - Ensuring direct reports understand and adhere to the processes and best practices outlined in the assigned-solution's Sales Playbook
- BDR Coaching - Ability to coach BDRs in the ways of conversational persuasion, objection handling, and account prospecting
- Product - Ability to clearly communicate and demonstrate mastery of both Adobe's and competitor's product capabilities, limitations, and value propositions to BDRs
- Sales Process - Understanding of the multiple sales channels, sales funnel, and related processes
- Outbound Skill - Build and execute Outbound Sales Plays for your BDRs to run against specific account segments
- Intelligence - Learning speed; Intellectual curiosity; knowledge acquisition; problem-solving; simplifying complex concepts for unfamiliar buyers.
- Judgment & Decision Making- Reacting when under time or other pressure; weighing conflicting goals and commitments and making decisions based on core values; exhibiting wisdom in counsel; judging character; understanding prospect situations and internal company situations.
- Organizational Agility - Overcoming objections; positive attitude; problem solving; leveraging resources to address challenges and objections; managing different lead channels and types; introduction of internal and external resources to BDR to impact sales velocity.
- Adaptability - Thriving in a company environment of rapid change; reacting to management initiatives; taking the "customer view"; adopting customer corporate 'perspective'; accepting change to business/personal situations.
- First Impression - encounter with a peer, prospect, employee, or partner is uniformly positive and strong; others remark that meeting as a uniquely memorable experience in a positive way
- Evolutionary Pace - Pace at which the BDM acquires new skills and capabilities that can be driven into the BDR process; proactively seeking out the best practices from outside the industry to push the pace at which the organization progresses
- Ownership & Grit - exhibiting extreme ownership and grit in terms of managing your team and achieving expectations. No fear to roll-up sleeves and "lead by example"
How does the Manager of Business Development generate value for customers?
- Reinforcing a "consultative" approach to selling; taking time to understand their business, and the businesses' goals, objectives, and challenges before recommending a solution
- Provides education on areas of interest for BDRs who in turn take those learnings into their prospect interactions
- Ensuring direct reporting BDRs are targeting the Accounts that would most benefit from Adobe Solutions, resulting in a mutual plan and vision match.
- Opportunity to advance your career within the BD organization, sales organization or cross-functionally.
- Opportunity to advance your career between different business units within Adobe.
Why consider this role?
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in the success of a new business unit within Adobe
- Opportunity to manage a high-performing and high-velocity team with a track record of success
- Adobe ranked no. 22 on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For 2019
- BDR On-Boarding and Training
- BDR Coaching
- Create and support execution of internal prospecting campaigns to drive revenue goals
- Lead team to achieve or exceed pipeline generation targets
- Manage and provide reporting to leadership on BDR performance by team and individual
- Attend industry events in and outside of assigned territory
- 2+ Years Internet/eCommerce Industry experience
- 2+ Years' experience in Sales or Business Development or other quota-bearing role
- Ability to work in a collaborative in-office team environment
- High-level of comfort with cold calling
- High-level of comfort with speaking 1:1 with C-Level executives of large businesses
- Ability to simplify communication of complex ideas and product offerings
- Knowledge of complex business principles and needs
- Exceptional writing, editing, and formatting skills with MS PowerPoint
- Exceptional usage skills with CRM (SFDC)
- Experience with Sales Engagement Software (Outreach.io or other)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent phone presence
- High-level of energy and enthusiasm
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
About the Company:
Magento (an Adobe Company) is an eCommerce technology company. We are the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation. Our open source, cloud-based digital commerce platforms and omnichannel solutions empower merchants to integrate digital and physical shopping experiences.
Marketo (an Adobe Company) is truly at the forefront of the dynamic and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and an unstoppable commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.