This position is located in the Facilities and Security Office, AO Administrative Services Division, Facilities and Property Management Branch. The Facilities and Property Management Branch (FPMB) is responsible for overseeing building management services, non-information technology property management, space management, tenant alterations, building infrastructure projects and repairs, and associated financial management.
Learn more about this agency
1. Assisting the Infrastructure Services Team Lead in the administration of architecture and engineering activities (programming, construction documents, cost estimates, and construction administration).
2. Assisting the Infrastructure Services Team Lead in developing preliminary fiscal year project lists.
3. Supporting the Infrastructure Services Team Lead to prioritize projects, propose changes in scope of work, and resolve any issues.
4. Assisting the Infrastructure Services Team Lead in developing project plans and schedules for infrastructure projects and providing advice to management.
5. Monitoring all assigned projects for timeliness, budget, schedule, and compliance to requirements.
6. Coordinating space planning and tenant alterations projects regarding infrastructure components to ensure that necessary planning and implementation are completed.
7. Communicating with tenants regarding project status.
8. Preparing back-up documentation for project contract modifications, and monitoring contract obligations and funds;
9. Maintaining administration records and confirming the contractor is meeting contract terms and conditions.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
2. Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
3. All new AO employees will be required to complete a FBI fingerprint-based national criminal database and records check and pass a public trust suitability check.
4. All new AO employees must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment.
5. You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment.
6. If appointed to a temporary position, management may have the discretion of converting the position to permanent depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
7. Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if authorized by the Director of the AO.
Applicants must have demonstrated experience as listed below. This requirement is according to the AO Classification, Compensation, and Recruitment Systems which include interpretive guidance and reference to the OPM Operating Manual for Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience for this position is demonstrated experience in providing expert advice and guidance to management officials on commercial building office space and design.
***Desired but not required***: Applicants with a four-year degree in Architecture or Construction Management.
The AO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
For this job announcement the following documents and/or information are required:
- Resume - Any written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications.
- Citizenship - Include country of citizenship on resume.
- Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) - All applicants outside of the AO must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 to verify current or former Federal employment status.
- Veterans Preference documentation - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214), if applicable Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (SF-15) and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying to the veteran's present receipt of compensation.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 05/25/2019 to receive consideration.
To begin, click
- Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your