- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ideal candidate would have experience in Sheet Metal Manufacturing.
Provide focused direction and leadership for a high-functioning and engaged team of production department supervisors and maintenance staff to achieve company goals, production schedules and satisfy customer requirements. Production manager will maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes across multiple shifts ensuring the highest level of quality, safety, productivity, and efficiency are obtained. Expectations also include the ability to maintain a culture which encourages teamwork, trust, accountability, and collaboration while instilling a relentless drive for performance and continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to facilitate creative problem-solving sessions; follow-through to ensure implementation. Report results.
- Practical knowledge and utilization of the following methods: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma tools and techniques including, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, FMEA, 8-D problem solving.
- Instill and maintain a focus on continuous improvement and productivity; identify,
communicate, and implement process changes to improve quality, productivity, cost, health, safety, and environmental performance within the production floor. Meet or exceed KPI goals regarding safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Actively support the quality system and culture within all areas of the business; engage in the prevention or correct disposition of nonconforming materials and parts; conduct root cause analysis; provide detailed accurate, timely documentation of records.
- Successfully develop, support, and manage TPM/PM and equipment utilization initiatives. Utilize 5S/6S or equivalent principles to provide methods to organize, clean, and develop a safe and productive shop.
- Manage a dynamic schedule, looking for solutions to ensure customer expectations of quality,
cost and delivery are meet or exceeded. Lead daily production meetings. Observe daily production requirements and assist in removing obstacles and barriers. Be a positive resource to the operations and sales teams.
- Communicate production expectations, monitor processes, and analyze job results to ensure completion of all scheduled work in a safe, high quality and highly productive manner.
- Manage, track, direct and provide feedback regarding the priorities and activities of production, maintenance, shipping, and related support staff to optimize performance of human and production capital.
- Monitor Production performance through Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide production reporting data and analysis for review by upper management (Shop Floor Connect, etc.)
- Lead, inspire and develop the production supervision team, resulting in a highly skilled, motivated, and engaged production workforce. This includes interviewing, hiring, training (internal or external), and ongoing personnel development.
- Support, communicate, monitor, and manage personnel and processes which are consistent with company goals and expectations regarding safety, quality, and effectiveness. Identify, develop, and fully implement initiatives consistent with corporate strategy.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across all levels with the organization utilizing verbal, written and formal presentation skills. Represent the company in a professional and engaged manner with all employees, vendors, customers, and stakeholders.
- Maintain and conduct accurate and timely performance evaluations for direct management team. Ensure team of supervisors completes accurate and timely evaluations based on company policy and guidelines. Recommends appropriate wage adjustments and developmental plans based on company guidelines and policy.
- Be actively engaged in related manufacturing trends, thinking and ideas. Utilize this knowledge to recommend and implement improvements to processes and equipment. Create supporting documentation for consideration of upper management when necessary. Fully support and implement technology and process changes.
- Create, monitor, and manage operational expenses to budget including equipment, staffing, overtime, and supplies.
- Coordinates and leads regular meetings with direct staff to discuss and improve overall communication, teamwork, and performance. Organize and lead monthly production meetings to foster open communication and inform employees of activities related to production.
- Identify, develop, and deploy developmental training programs to support individual growth while advancing company competencies. Support direct and indirect operational staff.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Manufacturing/Operational Management or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing management experience with 20+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Experience working in ISO (9000 & 14000) compliant environment, and implementing required standards
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma tools and techniques including 5S/6S, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, FMEA, 8D.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, technical writing, and computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Project management skills are essential.
- Successful experience in the development of an engaged and high-performing management team. Includes the hiring, training, and ongoing development of an engaged, collaborative team.
- Proven ability to inspire a team to successfully adapt and meet the challenges of a dynamic, fastpaced, and continuously changing environment.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Adkore/Megaforce
Get fresh Sheet Metal Production jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.