Job Role: Project Manager
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Morton, IL
Summary: The main function of a non-IT project manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc or any other non-IT based project.
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients. Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates. Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field. PMI or PMP certification preferred. 5-7 years experience required.
Additional Job Details:
- Review & update project schedules using MS Project either face to face with the team or over the phone.
- Put together MS power point presentations with dashboards showing overall project progress.
- Update instrumentation tracking tool using Excel and report out to management on status.
- Could also involve working with a project team to create a project charter, utilize the charter to create a project schedule, and communication plan.
Critical Technical Skills:
Expert level MS Project, proficient in excel, power point, outlook.