Job Title: Business Analyst 5
Job Location: San Ramon, CA
Duration: 2 month contract to begin with (Possible extension)
Client is seeking a Business Analyst to be responsible for providing basic to moderately complex information and analysis to support overall management of a business unit/department.
- Reviews, drafts, and outlines business requirements that impact strategic initiatives and/or business unit objectives.
- Assists in the development and documentation of business requirements and/or business solutions to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Examines various data sources and applies consistent approaches to data interpretation and performance measurement results.
- In coordination with business partners and users, assists to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Ensures project dependencies are clearly defined, documented and communicated appropriately in terms of time required to complete.
- May liaise with the business, development team and technology on certain projects.
- Assists in the planning and implementing of Projects and Strategic initiatives of the Business Line Unit/Operations.
- May assist in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communicating and/or strategic planning activities.
- Consult with corporate offices, project managers, auditors, client and sub-consultant representatives regarding future proposals.
- Prepare sub-agreements and review and input sub-consultant invoices to ensure contact compliance.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Expert ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Expert ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel; Enterprise Application experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field required.
- 10+ years experience required.