Please read carefully what the department is looking for and source candidates accordingly.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director, Analysis and Engagement, the EHS Complaint Specialist will be a core member of the Analysis and Engagement Unit, which is responsible for capturing, analyzing and communicating relevant EH&S data to NYCHA’s internal and external stakeholders to promote effective community relations and oversees the anonymous intake, review, and investigation of EHS-related complaints made from NYCHA employees, residents/tenants, vendors, and other external stakeholders. A core element of the Complaint Specialist’s role is conducting preliminary investigations to determine the validity of complaints and escalate verified issues to necessary parties The Complaint Specialist’s responsibilities encompass triaging EHS complaints, write detailed reports , and updating NYCHA’s internal complaint tracking system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Manage full end to end complaint process through review, preliminary investigation, and resolution.
· Ability to perform investigations using NYCHA’s database systems
· Provide written detailed reports to management tracking key metrics relating to complaints and their resolution
· Identify, prioritize and research EHS complaints by gathering data utilizing various methods i.e. Maximo, Complainant feedback; Property Management or relevant BU.
· Reassign complaints that are deemed out of EHS scope to appropriate business unit.
· Assess EH&S complaints to determine when immediate attention or management intervention is required
· Provide support to business units to resolve EHS -related complaints in a timely manner
· Maintain an accurate and detailed record of actions taken and results
· Follow-up with stakeholders on the status of their EHS complaints
· Maintain the accurate and up-to-date logging of EHS complaints within NYCHA’s complaint tracking system
· Coordinate between EHS Units and business units to ensure the efficient management of EHS-related complaints
· Demonstrate high levels of discretion when dealing with resident, employee, and other stakeholder complaints
· Perform special project tasks, ad-hoc analyses, and prepare relevant reports and presentations as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; or
- An associate degree from an accredited college or university and two years of satisfactory, full-time experience responding to inquiries utilizing computers, databases and information technology systems for researching the answers to questions in a customer service, help desk or public information capacity; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and four years of satisfactory, full-time experience as described in "2" above; or
A satisfactory combination of education and experience. Satisfactory, full-time experience working for a New York City government agency responding to inquiries utilizing computers, databases and information technology systems for researching the answers to questions in a customer service, help desk or public information capacity may be substituted on the basis of one year of NYC government work experience for two years of the experience described in "2" above. College credit may be substituted for the experience in a customer service, help desk or public information capacity on the basis of 30 semester credits for each year of the experience described in "2" above.
However, all candidates must possess- Desired Skills
1. Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
2. Excellent customer service skills
3. Experience managing a complaint intake system and conducting internal reviews
4. Experience of investigating and responding to complex complaints.
5. Ability to analyze complex complaint and customer feedback issues and evidence findings.
6. Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Complainants.
7. Excellent conflict resolution skills
8. Firm working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel
Adil Business Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Adil Business Systems, Inc.
Why Work Here?Adil Business Systems, Inc. was established in 1989 and is one of the most reputed professional services company in the US. Adil has been very successful in the highly competitive professional services marketplace and has large contracts with various government agencies and commercial customers. We specialize in proving top class resources in Information Technology, Healthcare, and Administrative areas. Adil Business Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Great work environment!