- Expired: 19 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you'll be part of the local team that helps our clients operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most people.
Join our collaborative water plant team in Jackson, MS as an Electrician. You'll apply complex electrical AC/DC theory as well possess the ability to follow electrical drawings and schematics in order to apply this knowledge to operate, inspect, and repair equipment and systems associated with water and wastewater treatment plants and related facilities. You'll demonstrate broad knowledge of activities and procedures within multiple skills or trades and integrate with other areas of the project, utilize expertise to oversee quality of work by others in variety of skills or trades. This position resolves complex problems that include technical, people, quality, budget and deadline issues, and uses management experience to evaluate situations and determine appropriate solution for the specific issue or project. You'll also serve as a technical lead or working supervisor on the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in planning, scheduling the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of specialized mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe manner.
- Reads, interprets, and works from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, specifications, and mechanical illustrations.
- Performs skilled electrical repair work on water/wastewater treatment plant equipment and related equipment.
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and to prevent recurrences.
- Assists Project with recordkeeping and prepares routine and special reports.
- Provides on-the-job training to less experienced employees.
- Performs preventive and corrective and predictive maintenance on mechanical and electrical machinery or equipment.
- Regularly inspects the working condition and maintains the cleanliness and safety of equipment and surrounding areas.
- Assist with review of capital improvement project studies, designs, and contract drawings.
- Forecast material and equipment needs and performs other duties as required.
- Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED and five years of experience with electrical/mechanical maintenance and repair of water/wastewater equipment.
- Possess a valid California electrician certification.
- Possess a valid California driver's license.
- Possess or able to obtain a T2 water operator certification from the State of California within 3 years of hire.
AdientOne Consulting LLC
Get fresh Full Time Electrician jobs daily straight to your inbox!