Corporate Maintenance Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Adesis Inc. - a subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a global leader in organic light emitting diodes - is a premier contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) accelerating our clients’ success in the biotech, pharmaceutical and specialty chemistry industries through our innovative chemistry and solutions.
Adesis Inc. encompasses almost 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory and manufacturing space in two U.S. locations - New Castle and Wilmington, DE, centrally located in the Mid-Atlantic biotech/pharmaceutical hub.
Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale-up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities, and our exceptional technical team prides ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is to accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions, and we offer promising careers in an inclusive work environment aligned with our values of innovation, ownership and integrity.
This position reports to the Facilities Manager. To ensure success as an Adesis Facility Maintenance Specialist, the ideal candidate should have industrial maintenance experience, demonstrated problem solving abilities and basic computer skills.
- Always follows industry standard safety procedures and protocols
- Provide effective troubleshooting activities and planning required to maintain, repair, and improve a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment, site buildings, grounds, and utilities/support systems
- Manage, preform and record repairs and PM inspections into the maintenance tracking software system
- Ensures all infrastructure and process equipment run optimally with minimal downtime
- Basic knowledge of vacuum pumps, gauges and systems, leak detections and repairs.
- Procuring, testing and commissioning specialty components, fixtures or fittings
- Establish systems which create a work environment supportive of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- Lead by example and motivate personnel on achieving and providing high quality responsive services
- Maintain equipment spare parts inventory levels and control flow of repairs to achieve efficient turnaround time
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by making suggestions for improvement, providing overtime as needed, learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Remains current in skills and industry trends
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of facility experience in a chemical/pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA guidelines
- Must be able to troubleshoot and/or implement effective problem-solving skills for technical equipment and/or procedural problems
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to perform job responsibilities without significant direct supervision
- Must be able to make sound decisions, independently using available information/data and experience
- Extensive walking inside of buildings and around exterior areas of the sites
- Climb and descend ladders and stairs
- Work in outdoor conditions varying from winter exterior repair to summer work on roof HVAC systems
- Lift and carry at least 75 pounds on occasion
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous.
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Adaptable/flexible – refocuses when higher priority tasks become relevant.
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
- Autonomous/Independent – capable of working with little direction.
AddressNew Castle, DE
AutomotiveView all jobs at Adesis Inc
Get fresh University Facility Maintenance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.