Software Requirements Engineer-Remote Option
Aderas Vienna, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aderas is seeking a Support Engineer to support the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program. The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the DoD, known as MHS Genesis. The MHS Genesis program is a highly visible and impactful program is designed to deploy a new EHR to the military health system, supporting nearly 10 million service members and their families. Aderas is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities. Remote Option.
Primary Job Duties:
- The candidate will be responsible for performing analysis of MHS GENESIS requirements, including
- Needs assessment across the Military Health System Enterprise
- The transition of stakeholder requirements into system-level specifications
- Functional analysis and allocation of requirements to the system design, architecture
- Development of interface requirements for new capabilities
- Maintenance of the requirements and traceability baseline in the customer requirements management toolset
- Collaboration with project engineering, clinical, training, and testing representatives to ensure sufficient verification and validation.
- The candidate will support the DHMSM requirements manager in technical management duties in support of the systems engineering and integration organization. Additional activities will include requirements analysis process refinement and maintenance, development, review, and submission of customer deliverables, and communication with internal and external program stakeholders.
Required Education & Work Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and min. 7 years relevant work experience
Required Experience & Skills:
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills to interpret technical documents for clarification with other engineering team members
- Strong verbal and written communication to engage with interface engineers developing Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Experience in requirements traceability and verification for complex IT systems
- Experience with standard incident management systems such as Remedy
- Experience with Agile management and lifecycle management tools such as JIRA, VersionOne, JAZZ
- Ability to communicate effectively with key technical and management stakeholders
- Adaptability to quickly change direction on day-to-day tasks.
- Experience in large-scale COTS integration
- Familiarity with DoD Configuration Management and Systems Engineering methodologies
Clearance/Citizenship: U.S. Citizen, able to obtain a Public Trust
Join the Aderas team!
At Aderas, we are looking to recruit and retain only the best and brightest. If you like working with emerging technologies, using your unique personal skills to solve technical, functional, and organizational issues, and can easily adapt to the ever-changing IT market, then Aderas is the place for you! We are a vibrant company delivering implementation services & support for enterprise solutions and custom application development. We strive to form long-term partnerships with our clients to foster an environment based on trust, a proven history of delivery, and camaraderie.
We sincerely try to shape our employee's lives by administering a generous package of employee benefits. Our company culture encourages collaboration, creative thinking, and growth. Headquartered in Reston Town Center, in Reston, VA, the Aderas main office is a short step away from shopping, dining, and a movie theater.
Beyond the tangible and intangible rewards, Aderas provides the following:
- Pay for Life, AD&D, Short term disability, and Long term disability at no cost to the employee.
- Employer contribution toward monthly health insurance premiums.
- 401k plan which employees are eligible for after being with the company for 3 months.
- Safe Harbor plan in which Aderas contributes 3% of employee salary once a year.
- A week of paid training and reimbursement for approved professional courses and tests.
- Monthly allowance for cell phone bills.
- Transportation allowance.
Located in Reston, VA, Northern Virginia's technology corridor, Aderas is conveniently located to offer a range of IT implementation and engineering services to federal civilian, health, and DoD customers in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Leveraging a breadth and depth of experience across industries and business capabilities, Aderas helps both our customers drive transformation and productivity through the innovative use of technology.
Founded in 2004, Aderas is built upon the core principles of trust, integrity, and partnership. Whether optimizing a customer's current system or customizing a dynamic solution for a customer's 21st Century needs, Aderas' commitment to delivering superior customer service ensures successful partnerships and customer satisfaction. Located in Reston, VA, Northern Virginia's technology corridor, Aderas is conveniently located to offer a range of IT implementation and engineering services to federal civilian, health, and DoD customers in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Leveraging a breadth and depth of experience across industries and business capabilities, Aderas helps both our customers drive transformation and productivity through the innovative use of technology.