Aderas, Inc. is seeking an Oracle EBS HCM DBA to join the team. This position focuses on guiding and assisting the client through application support of Oracle E-Business Suite Human Capital Management. The EBS Specialist will be responsible for troubleshooting, resolving issues, and continued application enhancements to optimize business operations.
Primary Job Duties:
- Configures, monitors, troubleshoots, performance tunes, clones, patches, and upgrades the Oracle EBS HCM applications for effective business operations and administration. Performs other related functions.
- Performs Oracle EBS Applications database administration (DBA) tasks including patching, creating backup and recovery strategies, upgrading, performance tuning/optimization of Oracle EBS systems.
- Maintain a multi-node e-Business Suite environment with Shared File System, managing and administering Concurrent Managers, Concurrent Programs, Request Sets, Request Groups, Workflows, and troubleshooting Workflow Mailer/Notification issues
- Utilizes (a) Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC) to maintain a clustered database to provide performance, scalability, and resilience with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Oracle Cluster Ready Services (CRS) in a Linux operating system (O/S); (b) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Data Guard for backup and disaster recovery; (c) Oracle Application Manager (OAM) and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Grid Control for proactive monitoring and notification of system status; and (d) Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL) packages, shell, and Perl scripts for task automation.
- Reviews, develops, recommends, enforces, and adheres to database policies and standards for Syntax; these policies and standards include policies and procedures on high availability, replication, archiving, access, and security. Develops new standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Oracle EBS application software installation and configuration including high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with client contacts
Required Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
Required Experience & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Oracle EBS R12 application administration, including installation, configuration, cloning, and upgrades, using Oracle EBS R12 Applications DBA (AD) utilities and other tools to apply patches and system updates.
- Knowledge of the multi-node EBS environment to administer Concurrent Managers, Concurrent Programs, Request Sets, Request Groups, Workflows and troubleshooting Workflow Mailer/Notification issues.
- Expert-level knowledge of Oracle 11g database administration, maintenance, security implementation, upgrade and patching, database performance tuning, sizing and capacity planning, database backup and recovery in a Unix O/S using RMAN and Oracle export/import utilities, administration, and maintenance to provide backup and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and maintenance of multi-node Oracle RAC enabled databases, including Oracle ASM and Oracle CRS management. Knowledge of PL/SQL packages, shell, and Perl scripts for task automation, and proactive database monitoring and notification using Oracle OEM Grid Control.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills reviewing and editing established database policies and procedures and developing new SOPs for database software installation and configuration.
Clearance/Citizenship: Active IT-I SSBI/T5
Join the Aderas team!
At Aderas, we are looking to recruit and retain only the best and brightest. If you like working with emerging technologies, using your unique personal skills to solve technical, functional, and organizational issues, and can easily adapt to the ever-changing IT market, then Aderas is the place for you! We are a vibrant company delivering implementation services & support for enterprise solutions and custom application development. We strive to form long term partnerships with our clients to foster an environment based on trust, proven history of delivery, and camaraderie.
We sincerely try to shape our employee's lives by administering a generous package of employee benefits. Our company culture encourages collaboration, creative thinking, and growth. Headquartered in Reston Town Center, in Reston, VA, the Aderas main office is a short step away from shopping, dining, and a movie theater.
Beyond the tangible and intangible rewards, Aderas provides the following:
- Pay for Life, AD&D, Short term disability, and Long term disability at no cost to the employee.
- Employer contribution toward monthly health insurance premiums.
- 401k plan which employees are eligible for after being with the company for 3 months.
- Safe Harbor plan in which Aderas contributes 3% of employee salary once a year.
- A week of paid training and reimbursement for approved professional courses and tests.
- Monthly allowance for cell phone bills.
- Transportation allowance.