- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aderas is looking for an Application Architect/lead developer with strong application design and development experience, and solid communication skills to join our team.
- Ensure alignment between the business’s operational strategies and technical solutions
- Review detailed application requirements and collaborate with project/development teams to ensure quality, function, features, and user experience
- Influence system architecture by identifying and recommending designs and requirements needed for enhancements
- Lead a hands-on development team to respond, clarify or define specific application behavior, look/feel and function
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issues
- Participate in design and wireframe review to provide a technical perspective on implementation and suggest improvements
- Diagnose complex issues, and evaluate, recommend, and execute the best resolution
- Debug errors, troubleshoot issues, and perform routine performance optimizations
- Write high-quality, scalable, and reusable code
- Test and review system designs
- Actively Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Demonstrate features and functions during Sprint Demonstrations
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends
- BS Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Information Technology, Statistics, or Mathematics required. Master of Science degree preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience with application development supporting agile development environments with Java SpringBoot, Node.js, React.js, and MySQL database.
- Strong understanding of best practices in front-end and back-end web application architecture and development
- Proficiency with HTML5, including semantic HTML5 elements, and microformats
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors such as Sass, Less, or Stylus
- Experience working with RESTful Web services and developing APIs, CI/CD Pipeline environment to include GitHub, Jenkins, Sonar Qube, JIRA, Red Hat LINUX, and Weblogic.
- Experience with frontend integration for authentication and authorization protocols such as LDAP, SAML 2.0, OAuth, and Single Sign On (SSO).
- Knowledge of SDLC framework required
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing
- Familiarity with 508 compliance testing
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
Clearance: Public Trust Clearance Preferred
Location: 100% remote
Join the Aderas team!
At Aderas, we are looking to recruit and retain only the best and brightest. If you like working with emerging technologies, using your unique personal skills to solve technical, functional, and organizational issues, and can easily adapt to the ever-changing IT market, then Aderas is the place for you! We are a vibrant company delivering implementation services & support for enterprise solutions and custom application development. We strive to form long-term partnerships with our clients to foster an environment based on trust, a proven history of delivery, and camaraderie.
We sincerely try to shape our employees' lives by administering a generous package of employee benefits. Our company culture encourages collaboration, creative thinking, and growth. Headquartered in Reston Town Center, in Reston, VA, the Aderas main office is a short step away from shopping, dining, and a movie theater.
Beyond the tangible and intangible rewards, Aderas provides the following:
- Pay for Life, AD&D, Short term disability, and Long term disability at no cost to the employee.
- Employer contribution toward monthly health insurance premiums.
- 401k plan which employees are eligible for after being with the company for 3 months.
- Safe Harbor plan in which Aderas contributes 3% of employee salary once a year.
- A week of paid training and reimbursement for approved professional courses and tests.
- Monthly allowance for cell phone bills.
Located in Reston, VA, Northern Virginia's technology corridor, Aderas is conveniently located to offer a range of IT implementation and engineering services to federal civilian, health, and DoD customers in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Leveraging a breadth and depth of experience across industries and business capabilities, Aderas helps both our customers drive transformation and productivity through the innovative use of technology.
Get fresh Application Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!