Aderas is looking for knowledgeable, driven individuals to help the continued success of the company and the clients we support. This role will report directly to the Finance Director to serve as an integral role in the Accounting team. Successful candidates must work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Job Duties:
- Support month-end, quarterly and year-end closing processes
- Analyze Projects and Service contracts actuals data versus budget and reforecast and prepare monthly business reporting in a timely manner
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities for assigned functional areas
- Perform customer invoicing
- Verify vendor invoices against Unanet timekeeping system and resolve discrepancies and vendors' billing issues
- Support budgeting process by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and financial data, summarizing information and proposing actions.
- Assist with external audits.
- Proactively engage in closing out action items, resolving/addressing issues, and/or meeting deadlines
- Supervise AP clerk
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with a degree in finance, accounting, or related degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system
- Proficiency in MS Office and expertise in Excel
- Customer service oriented
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Government contracting experience
- Experience with Unanet systems
- Quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experience with balance sheet account reconciliations