Adecco West Salem, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
West Salem, OH - $28.00-$30.00 per hour (Negotiable - depending on experience)
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assuring, on a continual basis, that an uninterrupted flow of production material is available to support the production process. It also monitors inventory levels, expedite material, and audit material adjustment transactions to support a minimum inventory production process. The Planner will plan, schedule and release, purchased parts in an effective manner while supporting company objectives regarding inventory, sales volume, product cost, and customer demand.
- Plans all purchased parts within responsibility area. Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, expedite or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support production plan.
- Management of inventory level and advising of overages or shortfalls of inventory and any availability constraints.
- Works independently with suppliers to manage material supply to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Maintains accurate purchase order information in the ERP system.
- As required monitors and corrects all advanced shipping notice transmissions. • Ensure materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
- Responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- Develop strategies and tactics to effectively manage assigned inventory portfolio, with the intention of minimizing costs and improving supply chain performance.
- Works with Engineering, Production and Sourcing to stop procurement of material affected by Engineering change and coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked.
- Represents Production Planning and Analysis at various meetings and relays necessary information.
- Collects information, compiles into standard formats and prepares monthly reports as required. • Provides input for inventory reports, surplus stock lists, production specifications, and plant capacity data as requested.
- Effectively communicates requirements to meet production schedules, while maintaining good supplier relationships.
- Work with Sourcing, Quality, and Receiving to return rejected or damaged inventory to the Supplier.
- Assists in Supplier relationship management including meetings and supplier visits.
- Keep well-informed of external factors that may affect the supply chain.
- Special projects as assigned WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Extended use of a personal computer
- Office environment most of the time, with regular trips to shop floor JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 1 year of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in supply chain and/or manufacturing with focus on production planning/scheduling and materials management disciplines preferred
- Exhibit a professional, self-confident image
- Must possess good mathematical skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP is a plus Excellent Opportunity - Apply Today!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
AddressWest Salem, OH
ManufacturingView all jobs at Adecco