As a Pharmacy Technician at United Health Services you will assist customers with providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers for prior authorizations, for formulary and non-formulary medications.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using established criteria and guidelines, the pharmacy technician receives, and processes prior authorization requests made by providers and members for medications not inherently covered on a member's prescription drug plan.
- Answer prior authorization inquiry calls or/and faxes as well as research and resolve formulary and benefit issues using the appropriate reference material.
- Resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Handles inbound phone requests and gathers member data to provide information for Pharmacist consultations.
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
- Current Pharmacy Technician license
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate degree or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience is preferred
- 1-3 years of previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- 1 year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems, OR 1 year of experience in an office setting environment using telephone and computer as primary instruments to perform job duties
- 1-3 years of PC skills, (MS Word, Excel) proficiency is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.