Pay is $16-18 depending on experience.
Hours are usually 6am-3pm
This position is primarily responsible for the electrical assembly of the compressor stations, dispensers and other CNG equipment. This includes building control panels, installation panels and other electrical devices such as electrical motors, sensors, lighting, ESD's, modems, and alarm systems. The job requires conduit runs to be bent and installed, wires labeled, pulled, stripped and connected. Operators follow engineering drawings, work orders, manufacturing procedures, work instructions, and other written and verbal specifications, if applicable, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review print package to understand scope of the project at hand.
• Inspect the material provided on the work order, as well as the work order itself, for correctness and conformance to the quality standards.
• Complete all electrical wiring using proper assembly methods, data obtained in the manufacturing procedures and good workmanship skills.
• Write a requisition slip when materials are required from stock.
• Notify the area supervisor of any questionable situation or non-conforming parts, assembly or work encountered. A "Non-Conformance Report" must be written per standards. (Supervisors assist when necessary.)
• Bend and install small conduit runs as required. Conduit sizes up to 1" required.
• Pull wires through the conduit and assemble connection including proper labeling.
• Return unused materials to rack for return to the stockroom along with the proper paperwork. Any deviation from the BOM, must be reconciled and documented, including marked up "Redline Prints" that are returned to Engineering.
• Tag scrap materials and rejected parts with a rejected tag
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working area. Equipment and tools are to be maintained in a clean environment and good working order at all times.
• Ensure all work meets company and National Electric Code Standards as well as all other applicable standards.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Works proficiently and accurately to control costs while maintaining high quality standards.
• On-time shipping performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be a self-starter
• Must be safety conscious, with an excellent safety record
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, work instructions, work orders and bills of materials, electrical schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, read, stand, bend, lift, twist, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel for long periods of time.
• The employee is also required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. When lifting or moving heavy items, the employee must use proper lifting techniques and equipment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records