The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for delivering high quality service to vendors and creditors, developing and retaining business by providing outstanding service, compiling and maintaining data relating to accurate and timely payments and reporting, and performing a variety of administrative tasks that support our overall mission of delivering quality and value.
• Stores and maintains accuracy of electronic filing system by properly classifying, categorizing and storing AP documents
• Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Enters invoices into computer system for payment
• Reviews all freight invoices associated with the shipment of finished goods to customers or raw materials and equipment to plants for appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment
• Processes accounts payable payments via check, ACH, wire and online
• Distributes signed checks and emails ACH remittances, as needed
• Prepares garnishment and tax checks as requested by payroll and/or tax department
• Communicates and resolves vendor inquiries
• Calculates and prepares sales commission checks
• Maintains vendor file of W9, vendor term information, etc.
• Assists in preparation of 1099s as required at year end
• Assists in the maintenance of accounts payable reports and spreadsheets as needed
• Assists in monthly closings up to and including month end accruals
• Assists CFO, Director of Finance, Controller and accounting personnel as needed
• Prepares analysis of vendor accounts as needed
• Copies and files documentation as needed either electronically or manually
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in Accounts Payable processing, desired by not required
• Strong PC skills and working knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office suite.
• Understanding of basic accounting principles, desired but not required.
• Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills.
• Ability to responsibly use work related equipment and materials.
• Understanding importance of internal controls.
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to plan and organize; good time management skills.
• Ability to retain information (e.g., policies, procedures) or find it as needed.
• Problem solving ability.
• Customer service oriented.
• Ability to operate under pressure of deadlines.
• Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently.
• Ability to function in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work standard office hours including occasionally mandatory overtime as needed.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Pay Rate: $13.50 an hour
Please apply now if you meet the qualifications above and a Recruiter will be reaching out to you.
Adecco is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records