PARKS MAINTENANCE ASSITANT
- $17 Hourly
Job Title: Parks Maintenance Assistant
Department: Addison Parks
Reports to: Superintendent of Parks and Planning
Job Class: Non-Exempt, EPT (Max of 29 hours per week)
Salary: $17 an hour
Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Parks and Planning, the Parks Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of labor duties to maintain/or repair Addison Parks properties and equipment. The Parks Maintenance Assistant may need to work variable shifts for inclement weather and other facility emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates all District vehicles and equipment efficiently, correctly, and safely. Includes trucks, tractors, mowers, blowers, etc.
- Utilizes trash trucks and manual efforts to remove all waste/garbage throughout the district's parks and facilities.
- Performs cleaning duties of bathrooms, shelters, and other facilities as needed.
- Assists with flower, tree, and shrub care in parks and at all facilities including watering, weeding, planting, trimming/pruning, removal of dead and broken branches, and chipping limbs for disposal.
- Assist with routine maintenance of our sports fields for play.
- Maintains a proactive approach to safety and risk management including adhering to all safety guidelines and regulations and reporting hazards.
- Assist with minor repairs of, doors, windows, flooring, walls, etc.
- Assist with general building maintenance including mechanical, plumbing, and painting, etc.
- Assists with the maintenance of our Parks ensuring safety as a priority.
- Attends special events as needed as a maintenance crew and support.
- Attends work on a consistent and regular basis according to department schedules.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends daily update meetings and staff meetings.
- Assists with special events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (0) to (2) years of experience in the related field.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Driver's License, be able to successfully pass driver's abstract review, and drive company vehicles.
- Must be able to perform duties in the presence of the general population and/or park patrons in public areas.
- Ability to work harmoniously with patrons, community groups, and other units of local government.
- Ability to work independently in day-to-day operations with the general direction of the Superintendent of Parks and Planning including objective decision-making.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, while promoting the Park District's mission statement, vision, and core values.
- Ability to work effectively with all employees and leaders dealing with different priorities.
- Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Proficiency to read and write in English and organize effectively.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Required to work both inside and outside during various environmental conditions, such as, but not limited to rain and mud, snow and ice, extremely hot and cold temperatures, exposure to dust, fumes, dirt, noise, insect bites, and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Frequent operation and handling of assigned equipment, which may include, but is not limited to tractors, heavy equipment, trucks, and automotive equipment.
- Must possess the physical agility to maintain mobility from site to site and be able to perform heavy manual tasks (a thorough pre-employment physical examination will be required after the conditional job offer).
- May perform duties that include, but are not limited to prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, twisting.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move greater than fifty (50) pounds with equipment assistance.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Addison Park DistrictAddison, IL
Real EstateView All Addison Park District Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.