Role : Fertility Case Manager
Location : Cary, NC
Job Summary : We are a highly collaborative team seeking an experienced, flexible, and multi-tasking registered nurse with a strong patient focus to provide direct patient care and case management primarily to women and couples trying to conceive a pregnancy; however, may also extend to OB and GYN patients as well. We are an innovative clinic that features fertility awareness and a cooperative approach to clinical care; experience with fertility awareness (or willingness to learn) and support for our mission are required. We expect all on our team to provide a safe, confidential, professional, and compassionate environment for our patients and their families. The Registered Nurse/Fertility Case Manager is responsible for combined responsibilities of providing clinical care and case management and work in collaboration with the Practice Manager and the Director of Education.
As the Registered Nurse/Fertility Case Manager, this employee collaborates with patients to assess, develop (under MD/CNM supervision and per practice protocols), and implement a plan of care for all patients who practice fertility awareness cycle tracking as part of their treatment plan. Indications may include but are not limited to gynecological health monitoring/maintenance, evaluation for subfertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, irregular cycles, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), hormonal imbalance, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), ovarian cysts, abnormal bleeding, endometriosis, painful menses. The candidate will be responsible for offering emotional/psychosocial support while coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the patient care process during treatment cycles. All duties and responsibilities will be performed in a manner consistent with the practice’s mission and values.
- Coordinates and Implements all aspects of Fertility Case Management (FCM) programs in collaboration with the Director of Education
- Maintains current knowledge of fertility awareness by independent study of professional journals, maintenance of certifications, and by attending fertility awareness continuing education programs
- Presents subfertility program to patients and the community as needed
- Attends weekly staff meetings, weekly provider meetings, and monthly fertility education meetings
- Facilitates communication between patient and providers regarding treatment goals and outcomes
- Collaborates routinely with providers, facilitating the timely delivery of interventions
- Provides consistent, timely, and clear verbal and written communications (utilizing SBAR).
- Makes appropriate assessments related to patient’s learning and health related symptoms.
- Conducts in person/phone subfertility program overview with prospective patients
- Facilitates and instructs patients in the targeted hormonal process; implements recommendations based upon results per provider directive
- Follows and facilitates all follicular maturation series for treated cycles of fertility patients; per practice protocols and standing orders, instructs patients in next steps and on timing of trigger injections
- Facilitates timed cycle reviews as ordered for all fertility patients
- Coordinates care for the fertility patient to assure complete, appropriately timed and adequate testing
- Assesses, coordinates, and evaluates patient needs throughout treatment cycles; instructs and educates patients regarding changes to treatment plan
- Triages patient concerns/problems and forwards to physician as appropriate
- Assesses patient’s educational needs and provides instruction regarding medication usage and its effects on the menstrual cycle
- Assesses patient’s emotional needs, providing support and appropriate referral, as needed
- Assists in the promotion of community and education outreach
- Performs duties in an independent manner; seeks guidance and direction when necessary
Additional duties may include:
- Taking and recording patient’s vital signs and medical history in electronic medical record (Athena)
- Assisting with gynecological exams and procedures
- Educating patients about health concerns
- Coordinating diagnostic tests and treatment plans according to established clinical protocols
- Performing prior authorizations
- Learning about and supporting patient’s fertility tracking method of choice
- Telephone triage
- Performing non-stress test antenatal testing
- IV hydration
- Administering medications and teaching patients how to self-administer medications
- Responding to provider and patient messages in the portal message baskets
- May also include daily operational needs such as maintaining equipment, checking supply inventory, re-stocking supplies, or helping with front-desk coverage
- Assisting with recruiting and interviewing other clinical staff such as fertility educators, RNs, LPNs, CMAs, NAs and front desk staff
- Organizing and facilitating health-related workshops, seminars, and support groups to patients and others in the community
- Assisting with patient education, classes, and seminars
- Participating in ongoing professional development
- Participating as needed and instructed in research projects
- Assisting in developing collaborations and partnerships with others
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, primarily during regular clinic hours of Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm with flexibility in the schedule for occasional evening/weekend programs and/or training or marketing activities. Work hours may fluctuate between 7:15 am-5:30 pm and may require one assigned “late night” per week to either staff, clean instruments, or package labs after the last patient leaves the clinic.
Qualifications and Skills :
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS: Maintain HIPAA certification, RN Licensure, CPR/BLS Certification, Fertility Awareness Method Certification(s) if applicable.
Two years of Labor and Delivery experience required. EMR experience necessary; Athena experience preferred. Knowledge of OSHA, FDA, and HIPAA compliance required. Support for Reply mission required.
Why Choose Addison Group?
- For starters, it’s 100% free for you!
- We offer resume building tips to ensure your resume is formatted and presented accurately.
- Addison Group is working directly with hiring managers, no need to spend time applying online and not hearing back.
- Our team of recruiters offer interview preparation techniques to ensure you are set up for success for your interview. We also deliver timely feedback, no more waiting days, weeks, or months wondering if you got the job!
- We can assist with salary negotiation and market intel to ensure you’re being properly compensated; we don’t get paid unless you do!
- We believe in building cultures and filling our client’s full-time vacant positions by working with professionals like yourself; we just so happen to specialize in Healthcare!
- Through contract-to-hire & direct hire, we offer permanent opportunities in the market.
- Our urgency will match your urgency, we want to give you a career…not just a job!
- Through our insurance partner GoHealth we offer temporary insurance on your first day.