Under the direction/ supervision of the Director of Electrical Engineering & Automation, the Electrical / Controls Engineer is responsible for Electrical design, DDC programming and developing specific products systems and components as well as supporting current products and work orders.
- Design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial and industrial use.
- Create/design programs for Direct Digital Controller (DDC) based on the design sequence of operation, using Automated Logic Control or similar.
- Review and create electrical wiring diagrams for standard and semi-custom rooftop HVAC electrical cabinets.
- Review and edit control sequences on Automated Logic controllers to verify proper controls wiring and application sequencing.
- Review and edit bills of materials in the ERP system to ensure proper unit electrical construction.
- Work with electrical component suppliers to ensure quality, resolve defects, communicate technical requirements.
- Ensure compliance with ETL and NEC agency coding standards, and others as may be required.
- Create novel or custom electrical and sensor solutions for customer needs on a job by job basis.
- Identify value add/value engineering opportunities and help drive solutions into production.
- Interface directly with customers to troubleshoot installation issues and product operation
- Provide technical support for product enhancements and improvements especially for programmable DDC and electronic controllers and communication hierarchy.
- Reviews competitive designs, Controls program developments that may influence product design.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Electrical Engineering & Automation.
- Work is on a professional level with specialization in a technical field. Job discipline should therefore include a self-starting nature and positive outlook.
- 3-5 years of industry experience is required
- Manage work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Familiarity with Modbus, BACnet and/or LonTalk
- Experience programming PLC or Automated Logic controllers
- Knowledge of advanced Microsoft Office functionality and Visio
- HVAC or building management control is preferred.
- Experience with wire sizing, fuse and other electrical component selection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from ABET certified institution is preferred
- 8+ years of HVAC electrical and controls field work in lieu of degree considered
Addison-HVAC, LLC believes that our people are one of our most important assets and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary which is based on experience. Health/Dental/Vision benefits, 401(k), Short Term Disability and Life Insurance are also included in the benefits package. Wages are dependent on experience.
Addison-HVAC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background and pre-employment drug testing.
We specialize in 100% dedicated outdoor air systems and are able to deliver a wide range of options to satisfy ventilation for most building requirements. We have developed the most flexible products lines that can be configured to offer our customers' semi-custom packaged heating and cooling systems to meet any need.