- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Addison Group is working with a prestigious university looking to bring on a Systems Operations Lead for their Washington DC office.
- Responsible for directing, planning, and managing department’s Information systems as well as coordinating all services to be provided by the University Information Systems and Services (ISAS) to the faculty students and staff of the University.
- Responsible for orienting and training others, and assigning and reviewing their work. May also be responsible for acting in a “lead” or “senior” capacity over other positions performing essentially the same work, or related technical tasks and reporting to a higher level on a formal basis
- Must have detailed experience leading technical project implementations and directing the work of IT & System engineers, application developers, and other
- Must have excellent time management and resource management skills
- Must have detailed understanding of Technology Architecture & Workflow Planning
- Must have knowledge of technical operations and change management.
- Must be able to apply critical thinking skills in a decision-making process, using specific techniques for assessing and prioritizing costs, risks, and benefits among other criteria for decision-making
- Must have full knowledge of Microsoft Project and other MS Office Tools (Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Teams).
- Must be able to rely on vast experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Advanced experience designing, implementing, and managing high availability/clustering and disaster recovery environments
- Expert skill administering Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment including domain services, sites and services, users and computers, and group policy administration.
- Expert skill administering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and above.
- Strong troubleshooting experience with VMware & Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Advanced engineering experience with tiered storage, DR, and replication technologies
- Proven experience working with NAS and SAN devices such as EMC Xtreme IO, and EMC VNX storage arrays, and Azure/AWS Cloud Storage
- Proven experience working with the TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Networking VPN's, switching, and routing.
- Advance Scripting experience preferred (Batch, WMI, VBScript, PowerShell).
- Foundational knowledge around Linux systems and integrated converged stack infrastructure & hyper convergence stacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer facing interaction skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 5 years of System Engineering equivalent experience; 5 years with managerial experience in a technical environment ITIL v3 or greater certifications, preferred.
AddressCapitol Heights, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Addison Group