Title: Staff Accountant
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Reston VA
Are you looking for a growth opportunity for a reputable company with a positive work environment? Our client is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team. They are looking for someone with 2- 5 years of experience but also open to a more junior profile (1-2 years) with great internships
Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and working closely with various departments to ensure that revenues and receivables are reconciled accurately
- Staff Account must review and process Expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Staff Accountant is expected to perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of large ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Great Plains etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including experience with Pivot tables & V-Lookups
- Staff Accountant must possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- 2-5 years’ accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration