INF - Sr Network Engineer (Remote in Dallas) Cisco, Palo Alto, Azure or AWS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Network Engineer
The Sr. Network Engineer is a technical leader who assures infrastructure alignment to the system design and business strategy. Documents the system, analyzes impacts of new requirements, and delivers the correct technical solutions in alignment with architectural and business requirements. We are looking for someone to raise the bar with our move to cloud and more security focused mindset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a technical subject matter expert and point of escalation and provide technical direction to team-members
- Conduct necessary analysis, design, and prepare technical documentation and runbooks for new toolsets and processes.
- Cultivate strong working relationships
- Leverage, support, and advocate the use of configuration management tools for infrastructure in a hybrid cloud model.
- Align system capabilities to overall solution and business strategy.
- IT Service Management fulfiller including incident, problem, and change.
- 5+ years Windows and/or Linux administration and enterprise production experience.
- 2+ years Kubernetes and Cloud administration and automation experience.
- 3+ years experience in 24x7 production environments.
- Experience with scripting (eg. Bash – Powershell).
- Experience doing network core replacement with a security mindset.
- Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Experience with administration of Linux and Windows OS environments. Being able to support them in a general nature when troubleshooting network issues.
- Expert experience with networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Experience with administration, automation, and orchestration of large-scale Windows and Linux environments using configuration management solutions, Knowledge in administering and managing infrastructure as code (git, Azure DevOps (VSTS), Azure CLI, ARM, Terraform, PowerShell).
- Direct experience migrating solutions to Azure/AWS
- Proficient in administering monitoring solutions such as Splunk, Application Insights, Azure Monitor, or SCOM.
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as HIPAA, PCI, SOX.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or SAFe environment.
- Root cause analysis that can be presented to technical and Executive audiences
- Capacity Planning of LAN/WAN/Cloud
- Network security attack mitigation
- NetScaler and or F5 load balancers
- Management of DNS and Certificates for external environments
- Cisco Network, Palo Alto Physical/Virtual and Cloud firewalls
- Design knowledge in VMWare/Azure/Windows/Linux
- Management of Cisco and or Aruba wireless systems with rouge AP detection
- Patching automation of all network systems
- Management of SolarWinds and integration of network tools into Splunk/Service Now
- Manage and
- Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
- Develop appropriate metrics and monitors to ensure operational excellence for services being supported.
- Bachelor degree preferred (equivalent experience considered)
TechnologyView all jobs at Addison Group