Healthcare A/R Service Specialist
• Be an advocate for our customers by completing appeals for claim denials and/or low insurance payments.
• Work the aging accounts and collect pending receivable payments from patients and insurance companies.
• Prioritize and effectively communicate tasks to your team.
• Work with the team to achieve and maintain key A/R benchmarks.
Skills, Qualifications, Abilities and Knowledge
• Experience in rehab therapy community and the day-to-day operations of a large PT, OT, or SLP clinic is preferred but not required.
• Be passionate about quality customer service. You love helping people, and you strive to deliver excellent internal and external service.
• Be able to perform in all forms of communication (i.e., phone and email). You’ll be interacting with insurance companies and patients regarding accounts, past due balances, unpaid claims, and other billing-related items. Strong communication skills are a must.
• Be fluent in billing language and comfortable with A/R software.
• Must be able to meet weekly metrics by working with more than 45 accounts per day, which includes working denials, sending appeals, communication with our members and patients.
• Casual dress environment including sneakers and jeans.
This position requires a full-time work schedule of 40 hours per week and the ability to maintain consistent regular attendance.
Education and Experience
• Two years of customer service experience
• Experience supporting small to mid-sized environments
• Experience in medical or physical therapy billing (orthopedics, chiropractic, dental, optical, or any specialty medicine).
• Experience working with a variety of medical billing software.
• Healthcare compliance and terminology knowledge.
• At least two years of experience in full-cycle medical billing or schooling