Are you looking for a growth opportunity for a reputable company with a positive work environment? Our client is looking for a Junior Accountant to join their team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Location - North Austin
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Updating accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Updating accounts payable and perform reconciliation
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
Keywords: CFO, Controller, SOX/Internal Controls/Compliance, Auditor, Tax Professional, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Specialist, Data Entry, Financial Reporting, SEC Reporting, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, CPA, CFA, MBA, Collections, Billing, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Back Office Operations, Banking Operations, Collateral Management, Commercial Credit & Lending, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Derivatives, Equity Analyst, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, Government Clearance, International And Domestic Trade Support, Investment Analyst, Performance Analyst , Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Analyst ,Registered Representative , Research Analyst , Retail Banking, Securities Lending, Treasury
Other: Financial Planner, Cost Accountant, Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Analyst, International Controller, Financial Analyst, VP Of Finance, Treasurer, Assistant Controller, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Mutual Fund Analyst, Credit Analyst, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Manager, Financial Assistant, Director Of Investor Relations, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Fixed Asset Accounting, Business Process Reengineering, Risk Management, Value-Added Analysis, SAP, GAAP, Financial Projections, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Financial Statements, Expense Analysis, Tax Reporting, Tax Planning, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Portfolio Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Financial And Strategic Planning, P&L Management, Auditing And Compliance, Operating And Working Capital, Budget Management, Mergers And Acquisitions, Cash-Flow Management, Business Valuations, Data Warehouse Reporting, Audits And Compliance, A/P, A/R, Regulatory Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Bank Reconciliations, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, Spreadsheets.