Kentucky Peer Support Specialist (PSS)
Addiction Recovery Care Pikeville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT ADDICTION RECOVERY CARE
At Addiction Recovery Care we incorporate the best practices of clinical drug addiction treatment. We provide addiction recovery that works with a commitment to provide hope and freedom to those suffering from addictions. Our passion is to restore productive lives through a recovery program that establishes emotional health, physical wellness, and spiritual growth. Our dedication is to see transformed lives anchored in strong family relationships, meaningful careers, and social responsibility.
The Peer Support Specialist position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, environment helping individuals overcome substance abuse addiction. It is a multi-functioning team that works interdependently with the other departments in the organization. This rewarding profession offers the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
- Must be Peer Support Certified by the state of Kentucky.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Self motivated
- Availability to work some evening, overnight and/or weekend shifts
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay on schedule
- Ability to enforce program requirements
- Problem solving abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Hold peer support groups for the clients of the center
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with company, state, federal and HIPAA rules and regulations
- Charting for insurance purposes
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude toward clients, staff and volunteers
- Handle crisis situations in a calm supportive manner
- Complete drug screening
- Create a safe and healthy environment for clients
- Perform Residential Staff duties as needed
- Comply with random employee drug screening
- Health, Life and Dental Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Optional company sponsored retirement saving plan (401k)
- Opportunity for advancement and professional growth with an expanding company
- Safe, friendly work environment
- Competitive starting wages offered commensurate with experience/education
Addiction Recovery Care, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR