Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
About the Company
This company is a stealth-mode 3D printing startup. Their advanced technology stack lies at the intersection of hardware, software, and data science, creating the foundation for the world’s first fully autonomous and scalable manufacturing system. Their core team hails from several of the world’s most innovative companies such as SpaceX, Hyperloop, and Blue Origin, and they have secured significant funding from several of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital firms.
- Architect state-of-the art software for an advanced production-scale metal 3D printing system.
- Design and develop the machine instruction interface to the metal 3D printing system hardware.
- Develop software to monitor sensor data, perform calibrations, log quality data, and keep track of the health of the printing system over its lifetime.
- Work with process and control engineers to integrate control algorithms into production software.
- Work with FPGA developers to develop high-speed data acquisition software.
- Create software for collection and analysis of process data.
- Develop software required to implement production automation solutions.
- Develop, unit test, and deploy functional, scalable, robust, and maintainable software.
- Generate and maintain documentation of designed software and integrated systems.
- Integrate third-party software packages into proprietary software.
- 5+ years of experience in software development using C and/or C++ (C++11/14/17).
- Proven experience in embedded system design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Extensive background in object-oriented programming and design.
- Able to provide legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States, which applies to U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens alike. [This company does not currently sponsor H1-B visa petitions.]
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency in interfacing microcontrollers with FPGA computing hardware.
- Experience with high speed data acquisition and real time closed-loop-control systems.
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
- Experience writing software for industrial automation systems, robotics, or related hardware.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Python, and/or LabVIEW is a plus.
- Experience with big data warehousing solutions and cloud computing is a plus.
- Proficient with software configuration management tools.
- Experience with the Windows software development environment. Linux is a plus.
- Creative thinker able to apply first-principles reasoning to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This company is located in Hawthorne in a 20,000 square foot, state of the art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Their facility is in the heart of LA’s vibrant emerging tech eco-system alongside many other high growth start-ups and enterprises.
- This position is required to be in Los Angeles. No hybrid or remote options.
Why This Company?
- They have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions
- They offer a competitive compensation package that includes significant equity in the company, as well as a full suite of additional benefits including premium health care (medical, dental, and vision) and life insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
- Their work environment includes casual dress, flexible work hours, a fully stocked kitchenette, free parking, daily paid-for/catered lunches, and regular catered team-building events.
- This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with this startup is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This position is a direct hire, permanent placement for a client of AdAstra.
AdAstra's mission is building thriving teams within elite aerospace organizations.
Our commitment is to curate and close premier talent for our partners, achieved via specialized technical screening, personalized culture assessment, and high-touch candidate engagement. We are motivated to foster boundless team satisfaction and catalyze innovation for future generations, enabling inconceivable technology from Earth, to the stars.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Connect with us on Facebook
Adastra replicaLos Angeles, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.