Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
This well funded and revenue positive startup, founded 6 years ago, is doing exciting things by building rocket engines and propulsion solutions. This company has a focus on a thriving, balanced workforce, and empowered teams.
You can make a huge impact at this small but powerful startup organization and be part of the brilliant team making futuristic technology a thing of today.
The purpose of this hands-on, technical role is to establish an owner for every piece of hardware and for all processes required to build and provide rocket engines to our customers. You will use engineering documentation, established manufacturing processes, technical experience, tools / tooling, and, most importantly, relationships to provide high-quality hardware to our customers exactly when they need it. Your primary focus will be on build engineering / build management to support our technicians and together with our engineers and program managers.
It is crucial that all Manufacturing team members, especially Manufacturing Engineers, attain a base-level of hardware build experience. Initial responsibilities will include supporting team members’ efforts to receive, inspect, stock, kit, assemble/disassemble, test, and bring hardware to customers. You will improve work instructions and basic processes, use Epicor ERP, and find solutions to tough challenges. Long-term responsibilities will be expected once a sufficient level of knowledge is gained. You will report to the VP of Manufacturing.
- Directly support all propulsion technician needs.
- Work with technicians and responsible engineers to author and maintain work instructions, manufacturing BOMs (mBOM), and manufacturing processes.
- Transform work instructions from ‘minimum viable product’ to through ‘flight-level’ quality.
- Improve build sequences for subassemblies, turbopump / engine assemblies and ATPs.
- Play an essential role in eBOM-to-mBOM iteration and learning cycles.
- Be responsible and accountable for physical configuration of all subassemblies and engines.
- Manage, update, and communicate all mBOMs.
- Work with design, development, configuration, and test/dev to understand changes to the engineering BOM (eBOM) and effects on product quality.
- Identify, tracking, communicating, and mitigating technical and assembly risks.
- Develop tools to support assembly, proofs, flows, and ATPs.
- Oversee daily, Build Ops standup meetings to provide status and manage roadblocks and risks.
- Assure product quality by managing, ensuring adherence to, and improving shop floor processes.
- Consult and work with our Advanced Manufacturing & Materials team to create or improve standard operating procedures such as cleaning and brazing.
- Create training programs for and educating technicians and engineers.
- Work with design engineering to promote ‘design for manufacturability’ with focus on assembly.
- Scale the assembly process to support both development and flight engine throughput.
- 7+ years' manufacturing experience within hardware-focused, aerospace organizations.
- Experience working with hand tools. (Machining experience preferred.)
- Desire to serve technicians, improve shop floor processes and provide high-quality hardware.
- In-depth experience within or beside quality assurance organizations.
- Experience operating in ISO 9001 or AS9100 certified organizations.
- Experience following-up, completing and closing-out tasks.
- Willing to pitch in to help teammates (Everyone helps everyone here!)
- Experience in a very small or a startup business.
- Unlimited PTO – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- This role will be located in Berthoud, CO
This position is a direct hire, permanent placement for a client of AdAstra.
AdAstra's mission is building thriving teams within elite aerospace organizations.
Our commitment is to curate and close premier talent for our partners, achieved via specialized technical screening, personalized culture assessment, and high-touch candidate engagement. We are motivated to foster boundless team satisfaction and catalyze innovation for future generations, enabling inconceivable technology from Earth, to the stars.
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/adastrata
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdAstraTalent
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?