Engine Program Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
This well funded and revenue positive startup, founded 6 years ago, is doing exciting things by building rocket engines and propulsion solutions. This company has a focus on a thriving, balanced workforce, and empowered teams.
You can make a huge impact at this small but powerful startup organization and be part of the brilliant team making futuristic technology a thing of today.
The Engine Program Manager is the leader who provides direction and ensures programmatic success. They are looking for the unique individual who thrives when creating order out of chaos, can excel as a technical subject matter expert, and can bring together complex technical inputs into one cohesive program.
- Manages internal engine program execution, from initial program plan definition through ultimate mission success.
- Owns the engine program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Responsible for pulling inputs from across the company and re-baselining as changes occur.
- Dotted line manager for program technical objective leads, driving program progress throughout the engine lifecycle.
- Leads internal status updates and milestone reviews. Responsible for presenting both programmatic and technical material.
- Collaborates with team members to write, review, and deliver technical deliverables. Includes systems engineering requirements, change requests, risk definitions and mitigation plans, nonconformance reports, and data reviews.
- Completes a 1 to 3 month onboarding technical training program and can step in to support the technical organization as needed in assembly, test operations, vehicle integration, process and procedure definition, and quality verification.
- Participates in business strategy discussions. Responsible for understanding and communicating impacts across programs during decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership in aerospace or other highly technical program
- Prior experience as a project engineer or team lead in a production or manufacturing role, managing schedules and delegating tasks
- Passion for creatively developing a program plan despite resource constraints and flexibility to adapt as inputs rapidly change
- Technical expertise in manufacturing, design, test, analysis, or integration
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, startup environment
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Strong understanding of aerospace industry standards and requirements
- Demonstrated success in complex program definition and management
- Liquid propellant rocket engine subject matter expert
- Unlimited PTO – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- This role will be located in Berthoud, CO
This position is a direct hire, permanent placement for a client of AdAstra.
AdAstra's mission is building thriving teams within elite aerospace organizations.
Our commitment is to curate and close premier talent for our partners, achieved via specialized technical screening, personalized culture assessment, and high-touch candidate engagement. We are motivated to foster boundless team satisfaction and catalyze innovation for future generations, enabling inconceivable technology from Earth, to the stars.
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/adastrata
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdAstraTalent
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?