About us: Adaptalytics is the leader in HR/People Analytics. At Adaptalytics, we optimize organization’s HR departments through the use of data science. We find incredible and valuable insights and turn them into actions that improve our client’s outcomes and help them achieve their goals faster and more efficiently than they could before. We are in rapid growth mode and are having extreme success having already tripled last year’s revenues within the same period last year. Our project backlog is significant and growing, and we need the right person(s) to assist us in achieving our company goals, while delivering the quality and expertise our high profile clients demand.
Job Description: We’re seeking a data scientist with 3-5 years’ experience (preferably in the HR/People Analytics field), that’s meticulous, organized, logical, intellectually curious and good with people. This person should be excited about working for a growth firm and charting their own career path forward (the more you produce the faster you will rise - no corporate blockades here!). This role is best suited for a multi-talented individual that has a solid balance of art and science - critical thinking/problem solving skills (art/creativity) and deep data manipulation skills (science). This job is for someone who equally enjoys “geeking out” with data and having a detailed conversation with clients and prospects to ensure their requirements are known and met (part introvert, part extrovert). They must be highly successful at self-learning and independent research, while also excited to learn and be mentored by the best in their fields.
An ideal candidate will be passionate about the analytics AND the HR industry, looks forward to managing multiple clients (never getting stale or bored), working both in teams and individually, and is obsessed with delivering quality, insightful and on time deliverables.
Responsibilities: As a Data Scientist, you’ll work as part of our technical team helping our clients translate data insights into action. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive technical solutions that deliver outstanding data insights and trends for our clients
- Participate in learning, developing, and implementing innovative data analytic solutions to meet client needs
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Chief Data Scientist of firm
- Must share in desire to work with multiple clients and juggle various client demands at any given time. Many of our clients are well known and highly regarded in their industries. Professional work demeanor is always required.
- Be focused on customer satisfaction, open communications and continuous development of “better”, better ways to solve problems, better ways to communicate with clients, better means to continually hone skills
- Work with the best of the best in your industry
- If working on many client projects and solving many different client needs in a given day/week/month doesn’t excite you then this job is NOT for you! If you want to work on the same project producing the same deliverables day in and day out, then this job is NOT for you!
At Adaptalytics we screen for the best candidates only. We run our company like a close-knit family and support our employees as such. You receive as much as you give, and we want folks committed to our purpose, our clients and ultimately the success of each. If this sounds like a great fit for you contact us now. Only qualified candidates will receive a response. Adaptalytics is based in the greater DC/MD/VA (DMV) area. US citizens only, no sponsorships available. Preference to candidates in local area, no relocation available.
- Minimum 3 Years of Experience in data analytics/data science (or similar field)
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business intelligence, data/computer science, mathematics, statistics (or similar field)
- Degree may be substituted by your ability to undoubtedly prove that you’re a voracious autodidact
- Natural artistic/creative drive, typically expressed in extracurricular hobbies such as musician, photographer, videographer, artist, engineer, designer, craftsman, etc.
- A keen ability to self-learn anything, typically business models and technology platforms
- Mid-level to Advanced skills in/with:
- Data cleansing, transforming and modeling
- Manipulating, fusing and dynamically interacting with large data sets
- Feature/attribute development
- Moderately knowledgeable in common data science and analytical industry platforms such as Excel, Power BI, Tableau, OBIEE, Python
- Preferred experience in HR/People Analytics (but not required)
Interview Questions to expect:
- Proof of:
- Your natural, creative drive and associated outlets
- Your ability to self-learn anything
- Your never-ending curiosity
- Your technical prowess with data
- Are you fun to work with
- Can you describe your interactions with clients
Adaptalytics provides leading compensation and benefits for our employees. We know that the best solutions are developed by highly diverse teams, which is why we openly accept any and all kinds of people to our quickly growing firm. Adaptalytics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.