Assistant Neurological Recovery Consultant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Adapt Movement Center:
Adapt is a unique integrative rehabilitation and recovery facility in Carlsbad, California. While most rehabilitation and recovery practices focus on traditional singular modalities, Adapt’s team blends disciplines into cohesive and unified programs in order to provide a personalized and integrative approach for overcoming the challenges of disability. Ultimately, our goal is to minimize the impact disabilities have on a person’s life by tailoring individualized protocols and member experiences that encapsulate Physical Wellness, Emotional Wellness, and Community Development.
Adapt sees individuals from all over the world that have been diagnosed with a neurological injury or disease. These include Spinal Cord Injury, ALS, MS, Stroke, Parkinson's Disease, and CP. We focus on reactivating the nervous system and creating functional movements using various modalities and activity based therapies. Adapt is a place of hope, support, and inspiration for all those in need. Our goal is to transform the life experience for those who need it most.
An Adapt Assistant Recovery Consultant reports to the Chief Operations Officer of Adapt Movement, Inc. and is responsible for the facility’s consistent achievement of it’s mission, values, and culture while working in the facility or with an Adapt Member. In general, an Adapt Assistant Recovery Consultant may be responsible for member relations, community relations, conducting Functional Movement Therapy that adhere to the company’s methodology, the cleanliness of the facility, Member safety, equipment retrieval and organization, assistance of other Adapt Consultants, and other various tasks to ensure the facility runs as efficiently as possible.
Broad Organizational Duties:
This position requires the employee to execute all duties and responsibilities of an Adapt Assistant Consultant which include but are not limited to:
- Adhere to the Adapt Certification Program
- Learn and comply with safety guidelines and equipment operations
- Adhere to Adapt’s training methodology and culture
- Execute Member prescriptions and recovery notes for all program options, recovery levels, and diagnosis
- Maintain or exceed an average of 3 member hours/ day worked.
- Interact with diverse populations in a professional manner
- Maintain a moderate to strenuous workload for sustained periods of time
- Clean and maintain the facility and equipment
- Duties assigned by executive staff including general cleaning responsibilities and miscellaneous task
- Represent Adapt in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Assist with program development on an educational level.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field of neurological disease and injury.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years experience working directly with those affected by a neurological disease or injury. The successful individual will possess the following skills, knowledge, abilities and experience:
- 4+ years of education in the field of Kinesiology, Physiology, or Exercise Science
- Strong interpersonal relationship, writing, and public speaking skills focused on building and maintain relationships with Members and Donors
- Ability to multitask and problem solve in a fluctuating environment
- Ability to maintain a compassionate and professional approach while working with people in delicate situations, who are of diverse ethnic, religious, educational, language, sexual orientation, cultural, and class backgrounds
- Ability to learn new software programs that includes scheduling programs
- Effective communications skills
- A high level of professionalism and standards at all times
- The ability to work with all ages, disabilities, and diverse backgrounds
- The ability to work in a cohesive team driven environment
- An encouraging and positive attitude while upholding the Adapt mission
Adapt Movement, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome culture, fun team, rewarding career
2732 Loker Ave WCarlsbad, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Adapt Movement, Inc.