The Project Engineer is part of our project management team which is responsible to assist in the planning and execution of work to construct a Water or Wastewater Treatment Plant as well as perform other duties as required in the business. The Project Engineer will review drawings, contract documents, specifications, submittals and other technical information to prepare information for projects. The Project Engineer will work with Project Managers, Superintendents, Engineering Firms, Treatment Plant Owners, Suppliers, Subcontractors and other parties in connection with performing these duties.
Duties included, but not limited to:
1) Develop a schedule of shop drawings. Review shop drawings for contract compliance and transmit to the parties involved with the process.
2) Assist the Project Manager to develop the project schedule in Primavera P6 and update the schedule as required per the job specifications.
3) Develop Schedule of Values, and submit monthly pay applications.
4) Quantify materials to be incorporated in construction project. Purchase material, and expedite material to the jobsite.
5) Review pertinent contract specifications and documents to obtain a comprehensive knowledge of project, including review for accuracy of dimensions.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills:
1) Read and understand technical materials such as drawings and contracts.
2) Strong written and verbal communications.
3) Knowledge of construction materials on a water or wastewater treatment plant.
4) Able to handle multiple assignments.
Pre-hire drug test is required, and the company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.