Quality Assurance Compliance Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Compliance Manager
Management of compliance to FAA regulations, customer quality requirements, and industry certification requirements (AS9100/ISO 9000)
- Repair Station Quality Assurance Manager
Manage QA functions of the FAA/EASA certified Repair Station
- Organizational Designation Authorization (ODA) Administrator
Responsible to the FAA for the operation of the ODA and for representing the ODA in dealings with Adams Rite Aerospace.
- Be thoroughly experienced in interpreting customer and internal quality requirements and assuring the existing systems for such are compliant.
- Coordinate the company's activities toward maintaining compliance with customer requirements, FAA / DCMA regulations, and AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Provide technical direction to engineering & operations
- Implement or enhance quality system functions, plans and procedures that result in an effective and economical control system.
· Manage an effective corrective action system for both in-house and customer quality issues.
· Act as liaison between customer and ISO affiliates in the creation and certification of ARA's Quality Management System.
- Support management of the company's internal audit program.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and customers on compliance issues
- Manage customer Quality Management System questionnaire / survey requests
Repair Station Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for the overall day to day operation of the Repair Station Quality Department, and as such, has the final authority in releasing to service any item which has been repaired, overhauled, altered or tested at Adams Rite Aerospace.
- Responsible for directing, planning and laying out the details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable specifications and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Assist, train, supervise and direct all personnel assigned to Repair Station Quality Assurance functions.
- Ensure that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work and that the proper inspection records, reports and forms used are properly executed prior to releasing the product for return to service.
- Ensure that Repair Station maintains and keeps current all technical data, including overhaul manuals, service bulletins, repair instructions, part specifications, related Federal Aviation Administration approved data, FARs and ADs, and other technical data used by Adams Rite Aerospace.
- Submit reports of unairworthy condition (Malfunction or Defect Report, FAA Form 8010-4) in accordance with FAR 145.221
- Ensure an Airworthiness approval tag (8130-3) is properly executed and attached to each released item that requires it.
- Ensure that incoming material inspection is accomplished in accordance with FAR 145.155, 145.211.
- Ensure that access to current FARs, ADs, ACs, Orders, and Notices are maintained by the Repair Station Manager through the use of the FAA web site.
- Provide for continuity of inspection responsibilities, assuring completion of required inspection by inspection personnel when shift or assignment changes occur.
- Ensure records are maintained of completed work orders and inspection data so that they can be readily available for review.
- Responsible for tool calibration and ensure that all Measuring and Test Equipment (M & TE) are calibrated and maintained in accordance with (procedure # 4001, Sec. B)
- Responsible for the shelf life program and ensure that shelf-life materials are maintained in accordance with procedure # 4001, Sec. B.
- Complete duties as outlined in the ARA FAA Repair Station Manual (procedure # 4001, section A).
- Serves as the FAA focal point for ODA activities, is responsible to the FAA for the operation of the ODA, and represents the ODA in dealings with other ARA senior or executive-level management
- Reports to the Vice President of Operations and Quality , which provides the necessary organizational freedom to effectively administer the pertinent regulations without undue pressure or influence from other organizational elements
- Establishes and manages the ODA Office within the Quality organization, has sufficient authority to effect change within the ODA Office, and is responsible for management and oversight of the ODA Unit Members.
- Completes duties as outlined in the ARA ODA Manual.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
Strong organizational and communication skills; both written and verbal. Capable of presenting ideas and concepts to management in a professional manner. Exposure to precision mechanical and/or electronic devices inspection techniques. Familiarity with AS/ISO standards and audit functions. Good computer skills in the areas of word processing, spread sheets, graphics and data bases. Possesses proven problem solving skills and methodology. Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control training.
Education and Experience:
Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical discipline. 6 to 10 years experience in the quality assurance field in a custom manufacturing environment. Aerospace industry experience preferred. ASQ quality engineer or quality auditor certification preferred. Quality or Process engineering background preferred.
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is moderate. The factory floor is in the same building as the office. Routine overtime and rotation to support weekend production may be necessary.
- To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Powered by JazzHR
Adams Rite Aerospace
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?