Dock Staff - 1300685
Hiring now for summer 2023!!
Love working outside? Love the water? Love boating and engaging with people?
Freedom Boat Club is the nation's oldest and largest private member boat club and we are currently looking to add highly member-focused people to our dock staff. The position will require weekend and holiday hours. This is a seasonal role, part-time or full-time during the season, with a competitive hourly rate PLUS tips!
Join Freedom Boat Club as a dock staff crew member and enjoy working on the water! We are looking for dynamic individuals to handle boat reservations, assist our members on and off the boats, and to keep the fleet of boats clean and ready for use.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet members in a friendly, upbeat, courteous, and professional manner
- Drive boats between slips and loading area
- Assist members in boarding / loading boats with emphasis on safety
- Check-out members using a handheld computer tablet
- Perform check of safety equipment on board
- Check-in members returning with boats
- Familiarize yourself with local waters in order to provide basic chart guidance to members
- Fuel boats at marina fuel dock
- Clean boats and stage equipment for their next outings
- Deep clean boats as needed
- Daily clerical work to prepare reservation log, fuel log, and weather reports
- Weekend/Holiday shifts required
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Valid driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to learn how to perform minor boat maintenance
- Physical ability to lift / carry up to 30 lbs
- Physical ability to board and load boats dozens of times per day
- Physical ability to clean boats often using handle mounted brush
- Occasional kneeling / stooping to clean interior of boat compartments
- Vision adequate to read / manipulate hand held computer tablets
- Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity
- Highly effective communication skills and friendly customer service is absolutely required
- Must be a self- starter and capable of working unsupervised
- High attention to detail
- Control traffic in marina area and assist customers with docking boats
- Always operate with an emphasis on guest hospitality
- Use "clean as you go" method when performing your work duties.
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Maintain a cooperative, team attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees
- Boating experience is great but not required
You will receive an employee discount and have a flexible schedule
Adams KeeganLewes, DE
TravelView All Adams Keegan Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.