Clinical Supervisor - 1152520
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This person must be able to travel to all 14 locations each month in the surrounding Atlanta Metro area.
Working Title: Clinical Supervisor
Reports To: Practice Administrator and CEO
JOB SUMMARY: The person in this position is part of a team concept in the companies health delivery system, which is devoted to the delivery of exceptional care in a setting with emphasis on prevention and health maintenance. A Clinical Lead will perform all standard medical assisting duties along with supervising back office employees, processes and offices.
- Responsible for managing teams over time
- Performing coaching sessions, write-ups and assisting with disciplinary action as needed from management.
- Exercise daily problem solving skills- resolving problems before taking them to upper management. Document problems and solutions to direct supervisor and Human Resources.
- Responsible for training medical assistants to ensure they are reaching standards.
- Responsible for oversight and training of Southside & Northside Clinical Lead.
- Assess patient complaints and forward to Practice Administrator
- Communicate daily with offices
- Send end of day reports to the Practice Administrator and CEO at the end of every work day.
- Daily response to medical assistants EODs.
- Biweekly in person meeting with Southside & Northside Clinical Lead.
- Responsible for the presentation of MA Huddle on Monday mornings or delegation of tasks to Southside or Northside Clinical Lead.
- Travel to and work with each office minimum 2 times monthly.
- Hold teams accountable for work flows, OSHA, etc.
- Take initiative to cover team members as needed.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat, and clean.
- Maintain and sanitize the surrounding premises of the lab/nurses station.
- Oversee OSHA compliance in every office
- Maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Counsels patients on Provider's order for outside and in office testing.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Properly sanitize and make available endoscopes used during patient examination.
- Operate- electrocardiogram (EKG), spirometry, restech, sleep studies, and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Collect blood(venipuncture), tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Pack and ship specimens to their appropriate destination
- Prepares charts for surgeries and upcoming clinics.
- Coverage at Surgery Centers as needed.
- Assist Provider in office procedures (i.e., Balloon sinuplasty, TNE, lesion removal, etc.)
- Maintain lab and radiology orders, being sure all results are received and reviewed.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and physician assistants
- Properly change and maintain cleaning solutions and Autoclave
- Maintain all OSHA logs and required checks (i.e. Leak testing scopes,refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen,eye wash cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Performs Allergy testing and Injections per protocol.
SUPERVISES: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED is required. Certification/Registration in medical assisting is required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of job related experience and Athena EMR experience is preferred.
1. Knowledge of medical terminology
2. Excellent written and communication skills
3. Knowledge of safety and sanitation
4. Requires proficiency in general office automation including operation of fax machines, copy machines, adding machines, postage machines, and multi-line phone systems.
5. Requires proficiency in working with a PC, the Internet, and MS Windows.
6. Requires a good understanding of the current Medicare Compliance, OSHA, and HIPAA regulations.
7. Requires a high degree of organization.
8. Understanding of EMR
1. Ability to establish/maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and providers.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all staff, managers and physicians.
3. Ability to prioritize and multitask.
4. Ability to maintain a professional appearance
5. Ability to type, work in Athena and Google, (email and calendar)
1. Combination of sitting, standing, bending, light lifting and walking.
2. Requires a full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
3. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
4. Requires the ability to manage stressful situations.
5. Occasional stress from varying demands.
1. Restriction of personal phone calls overtime as authorized by supervisor.
2. Attendance at weekly back office staff meeting.
3. Attendance at daily morning staff meeting.
4. Attendance at training sessions.
5. Adherence to the clinic office uniform policy.
6. Adherence to practice policies, procedures and protocol.
This description is intended to provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
HealthcareView all jobs at Adams Keegan
Get fresh Metro Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.