- Posted: 6 days ago
The Greenhouse Associate provides customer-friendly service to our valuable customers and provides the quality products that Adams is known for. This means fulfilling customer requests, keeping all displays stocked and organized, keeping the department clean, and being the primary line for quality control in the department.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Greenhouse Manager
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer-friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and assisting customers with their questions
- Greet customers personally and thank them appreciatively for shopping at Adams
- Be the primary line for quality control: look for packaging issues, and be vigilant about quality and presentation of all products put out for sale
- Keep all areas of the department clean and organized, including sales floor
- When a customer needs assistance, give the customer priority over the task at hand
- Make sure shelves and displays are kept fully stocked and organized with correct signage
- Identify and care for indoor house plants
- Assist customers in the appropriate selection of plants & provide descriptive care
- Answer plant care questions in person and over the phone
- Diagnose disease and pest problems and advise remedies
- Assist customers in selecting containers, potting soils, fertilizers, pesticides, etc.
- Assist customers with gift purchases for delivery
- Complete phone transactions
- Maintain and organize the greenhouse while keeping in mind customer safety
- Assist customers with special orders
- Consistently lift and move 50 pounds
- Function in high temperatures
- Unload boxes from trucks, u-boats and carts
- Lift heavy items such as plants, garbage and boxes
- Climb step benches and tables
- Bend and squat to unload plants and merchandise
- Clean plants, ponds & drains
- Spot spray
- Sweep floors
- Stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of plants
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers
The above statements are intended to describe the general responsibilities of this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. It is understood that these responsibilities are subject to the needs of the business and therefore subject to change. I understand that other responsibilities may be required. I understand and confirm that I am able to carry out the duties of this position.
Adams Fairacre Farms, Inc.
AddressWappingers Falls, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Adams Fairacre Farms, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?