Associate Vice President, Facilities Management
Adams Enterprise USA, INC
- Posted: over a month ago
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for the planning, design, renovation, construction, efficient operation, and maintenance of all University facilities, including capital project development and management. Responsible for operations budgets, capital budgets, and long-range facilities plans based on university forecasts of current and future needs.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred. Seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible experience in facilities planning, project construction and management, or related area. Five years’ experience as an institutional Director of Facilities or similar responsibility is preferred. Strong knowledge of building codes and safety regulations, applicable standards and laws, and leadership/management skills to provide the ability to assure that all facility tasks are completed appropriately. Experience working closely with architects and engineers on capital projects from concept through construction administration. Strong strategic, budgeting, operational planning, written and verbal communication skills required. Basic understanding of public-private-partnerships, as well as debt financing for capital projects. Ability to balance both short- and long-term institutional goals with competing priorities. Unencumbered driver’s license. Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
· Oversee the maintenance and management of campus facilities and systems including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, waste management, and sustainability.
· Develop and execute effective facility management planning, budgeting, and programs.
· Manage the fiscal impact, contracts, and budgets of facilities projects and contracts.
· Serve as owner representative on contracted facility projects and other related contracted services.
· Represent the University at weekly construction meetings and make recommendations on items impacting project scope, budget, or schedule.
· Coordinate and manage all aspects of capital project development, design, and implementation.
· Ensure building operations and construction projects comply with all local, UT-System, and State laws and regulations and safety standards
- Provide recommendations for acquisition and disposition of all property.
- Provide leadership and oversight in all areas of facility planning and operation including capital project management.
- Communicate regularly with executive management as requested to share progress on objectives, and create meaningful reports for executive review
- Manage space planning and utilization for the University, including related reports for the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), the creation of space plans for existing and new facilities, and space utilization plans for all UTPB facilities, existing and planned
- Supervise the selection, assignment and activities of external architects, engineers, planners, and consultants as appropriate in planning, construction, and renovation of physical facilities
- Coordinate with local, State, and UT-System regulatory offices for surveys, inspections, capital improvement programs, and approvals of Facilities projects
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Campus Master Plan.
- Promote environmental sustainability through methods of recycling, energy savings practices, water management, and reduction of solid waste.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations and policies in conjunction with federal, state, and local governmental guidelines, rules and laws
- Actively participate in all University Emergency Preparedness drills, and incident Command Operations. Responsible for identifying key personnel to serve on emergency drills and/or act in emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned
SCHEDULE: This is an exempt position. The expected work schedule is Monday through Friday on the normal University schedule. As an exempt employee, the schedule is subject to change based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evenings, and/or weekends to meet the needs of the department.
Adams Enterprise USA, INC
Real EstateView all jobs at Adams Enterprise USA, INC