Adams Communications Co Rogersville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Editor is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the newsroom, from making the story, photo and video assignments, to laying out pages, posting content online, posting on social media to drive traffic to newspaper’s online edition.
The Editor fields and mediates calls from the public, meeting with politicians and various community members and handling personnel issues. This position helps to write editorials, with contributions each week.
This candidate meets with staff to coordinate assignments and to plan stories, meet individually with reporters to go over stories and holds periodic gatherings to go over goals and to discuss problems.
The Editor makes sure breaking news is posted to the online edition, encourages staff to post photos, photo galleries and videos online. In the event the office is closed due to inclement weather, the Editor coordinates coverage for online postings.
The successful candidate must be a flexible, self-starter, attentive to details, diplomatic, able to provide direction, and able to multitask. This position will work successfully with different personality types. Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and client orientation and exhibit an ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts as a team member as well as a team leader.
- Ability to manage staff of one reporter, strong organizational skills
- Make assignments and adjust schedules to maximize local news content
- Assists in posting online content to include text, photos and videos; writes editorials
- Works with all other departments, helps to achieve daily goals
- Must be able to edit and format copy and be able to anticipate workloads based on productions schedules
- Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values
- Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
Prior reporting/editing experience required. Demonstrated ability to multitask.
Must have newspaper experience in a daily or weekly environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required along with social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Adams Communications Co
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Adams Communications Co