Human Resource Manager
Adams & Associates Reno, NV
- Expired: October 19, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you like the idea of meeting new people in new cities while utilizing your professional HR skills to assist others with their professional growth, I have an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for you!
Adams and Associates, Inc. is looking to hire a Corporate Human Resources Manager in one of our three Corporate locations; Columbia MD, Reno NV or Worcester MA . If you enjoy working in an environment where you can foster change for not only the employee’s but Job Corps students as well, then this position would be a perfect and fulfilling fit for you. In this role you will have the opportunity to travel to various states on an as needed basis, support Human Resources Managers at our Job Corps Centers, spend time in cities acting as the HR Manager while directly impacting the lives of today’s youth, tomorrow’s future.
Our goal as the Human Resources Team is to ensure that the company remains compliant with the laws, policies and procedures while mentoring, modeling, and molding the lives of our youth. If you are thinking, this is my dream job, then apply immediately because someone else may have the same dream.
Provides direct management, supervision, instruction, guidance and support to Site HR Departments. This includes recruitment, employee relations, training, complaint resolution and compliance issues. Acts as liaison between Site and Corporate HR Departments. Participates in the evaluation of Site HR Departments. Serves as Company representative in administrative/legal hearings and investigations. Serves as “acting” site HR Manager as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, or equivalent, along with five years of employee relations, benefit and/or HR administration experience.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, presentation and written skills are essential.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Must be able to handle multi-tasking of projects and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Human Resource certification preferred.
- Extensive travel required.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
Provides Corporate oversight, supervision and management of assigned Site HR Departments and staff.
- Assists with personnel issues, including disciplinary matters and legal concerns, providing direction in collaboration with the Corporate office to Site HR staff to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Works as a member of the HR Team in providing “acting” Site HR Manager duties when needed.
- Assists and participates training activities for Site HR staff.
- Provides management advice and assistance to Site HR staff in the administration of HR activity, including recruitment, screening, interviewing, hiring, discipline and terminations.
- Proactively raises issues with the Center HR Managers, identifying practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues, and recommends appropriate action plans.
- Develops, plans and conducts new HR manager orientation to include training in company policies and procedures, interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety and sexual harassment.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to managers on difficult and complex employee issues.
- Develops and organizes employee recruitment programs.
- Monitors the site’s vacancy and turnover rates to assure compliance with Company standards.
- Monitors the timely filling of staff vacancies onsite and attainment of Affirmative Action goals.
- Represents the Company at administrative/legal hearings and investigations.
- Investigates employee related complaints, completes and reviews required and related documentation prior to submission to the Corporate office.
- Reviews and provides initial approval of involuntary termination packets prior to submission to the Corporate office.
- Responds to site inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Manages HR activities in the transition of new contract sites.
- Participates and evaluates HR functions in corporate site assessments.
- Monitors site HR and employment practices to ensure company, regulatory and legal compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or better in Human Resources or related field.
Adams & Associates
BusinessView all jobs at Adams & Associates