RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR STRONGLY ALIGNED CANDIDATE
**CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT/RECENT EXPERIENCE PARTNERING WITH TRIBAL AND/OR ALASKAN COMMUNITIES**
National health client seeks an experienced Director of Public Health Policy and Programs for Washington DC Headquarters. The Director will work with the Chief Executive Officer. The Director of Public Health Policy and Programs fills a senior leadership and management role, and is a member of the senior management team. The Director serves as an advisor, policy and budget analyst, advocate and strategist. The position requires complex decision-making and extensive collaboration with peers and senior leaders in Indian Country. The position also advances strategic projects and priorities related to efforts to improve public health systems, programs and policies in service to American Indian and Alaska Native Tribes, Tribal members and the communities. Our client seeks an individual who thinks and acts strategically and effectively to help increase the organization's capacity to advance programs, provide research and technical assistance and develop systems approaches that will help improve Tribal public health and promote health equity at the national level. Ideal candidate must have vision, passion, commitment, knowledge, proven skills and a proven track record in achieving measurable advancements in public health infrastructure and capacity, policy and programs for Tribal Communities.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Advances strategic projects and priorities related to efforts to improve public health systems, programs and policies in service to American Indian and Alaska Native Tribes, Tribal members and the communities we serve;
• Exhibits positive leadership skills and behaviors, and will lead efforts related to research, policy development, program implementation, partnership building, strategic and collaborative thinking, and fundraising;
• Thinks and acts strategically and effectively to help increase the organization’s capacity to advance programs, research, and technical assistance using a systems approach that is creative and entrepreneurial;
• Manages multiple projects concurrently and also supervises a growing team in accordance with expectations, policies, and procedures;
• Writes grants, writes budgets, and prepares grant reports with supporting documentation in collaboration with grants compliance and program staff, and helps to ensure grants compliance;
• Creates and tracks the annual budget for Public Health Policy & Programs in collaboration with the Chief Program Officer, and gives input to development of the overall annual organizational budget;
• Leads the Tribal Public Health Summit; supervises the Behavioral Health Conference; assists with the National Tribal Health Conference; and
• Works effectively and efficiently with all internal staff, stakeholders, vendors/contractors, and others.
• Required: Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Health Science, Public Policy, Public Administration or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (required):
• Experience working with Tribes or Tribal organizations;
• A minimum of three years’ experience in management of public health programs / projects (should include experience in grant writing, program evaluation, and reporting);
• Experience with federally and privately funded grant operations;
• Excellent written communication skills;
• Strong presentation and oral communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and excel in a fast paced work environment;
• Ability to work with diverse teams of people; and
• Ability to lead and innovate.
NOTE: This is a full time position with up to 25% travel required.
To be considered, application materials must include:
1. Current Resume or CV;
2. Cover letter expressing your passion for working within Tribal and Alaskan communities and what specifically qualifies you for this position; and
3. Salary expectations
*Position located in Washington, DC with Relocation Assistance available*