AdNet AccountNet, Inc. Rockville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
DATA COLLECTORS NEEDED
$16/HOUR TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT, SEPTEMBER 23rd – DECEMBER 2021
The Maryland Department of Health in collaboration with the Maryland State Department of Education is sponsoring a survey of students in grades 6 to 12, to document information on tobacco use, alcohol and other drug use and health risk behaviors among adolescents.
The results of the Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey and Youth Tobacco Survey (MD YRBS/YTS) will produce reports for Maryland's jurisdictions that will be used to (1) monitor health-risk behaviors among middle and high school students; (2) evaluate the impact of state and local efforts to prevent health-risk behaviors; and (3) improve school health education policies and programs.
We need 20+ professional individuals throughout the State who have an interest in the health and well-being of adolescents to help us administer the questionnaire. This is a temporary position in which you can expect to work approximately 6-8 weeks over the 11-week fielding period.
- Access to internet to enter daily school participation rates and receive assignments
- Personal email that can be used for project communications
- Cell phone that can be used to call assigned schools in preparation for the survey administration visit
- A vehicle in good working condition to be used to drive to assigned schools
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a background screening
- Successful completion of an in-person, mandatory 2-day training in late-September
- Field data collection
- Working with adolescents, particularly in a school setting
- Working with the public and leading a task
- Working off-site with little face-to-face contact with supervisor
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Very well-organized and good at adhering to a tight schedule
- High self-confidence and the ability to deal with difficult situations professionally
- Comfort in speaking in front of a small or large group
- Early morning person – scheduled arrival time can be as early as 6:00 a.m.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- A professional appearance and demeanor
Training will be paid, and you will be reimbursed at the rate of $0.56 per mile (plus tolls and parking) for the use of your car.
AdNet AccountNet, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at AdNet AccountNet, Inc.