Acupuncture Works LLC in New Fairfield desires to be a trusted source and service to our community by creating a compassionate safe space with the aim of integrating Eastern and Western medicine to promote health and healing. We provide acupuncture treatments with measurable results in real-time while meeting our patient's unique concerns and needs. All while striving to enrich, empower, and educate our patients to become healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
As the practice grows, we are seeking to employ a professional, positive, passionate practitioner who has a natural talent for caring for others and is able to work with patients of all ages and treat a wide spectrum of conditions. This is a wonderful opportunity for an acupuncturist who values promoting, maintaining, and restoring health on all levels by diagnosing, preventing, or treating. The ideal candidate will be: attentive, a good listener, compassionate, honest, caring, empathetic, patient, punctual, efficient, organized, flexible, positive, passionate, motivated, independent, and non-judgmental.
This is a Full Time position that will revolve around a consistent, but flexible schedule; however, it will consider a PT position. We have a fully-functioning front desk staffed with an office manager who is responsible for all scheduling and payment processing. All necessary treatment supplies, space and tools will be provided.
- Ability to screen referrals and direct patients to other services as appropriate.
- Utilize standard medical evaluation procedures and East Asian Medicine evaluation to formulate a differential diagnosis to develop an acupuncture treatment plan.
- Ability to formulate an acupuncture treatment plan independently and with other health care professionals. The acupuncturist will communicate with other health care providers as appropriate.
- Ability to educate patients on health lifestyle changes including nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management, mind body techniques and other matters related to acupuncture care.
- Skilled in the selection and use of the appropriate acupuncture tools and supplies based on the needs of patients.
- Evaluates effects of treatments by observing, noting and evaluating client’s progress and making corresponding adjustments and modifications.
- The acupuncturist shall document and code information related to patient care in the electronic health care record on a timely basis.
- Maintains client confidence and protects organization reputation by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean treatment environment by maintaining sterilized needles, assuring a sterile field, and complying with procedures, rules, regulations, and laws.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Masters in acupuncture or oriental medicine from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
- Board certified through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). The board certification must be current and the acupuncturist must abide by the certifying body’s requirements for continuing education.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice acupuncture in Connecticut or willing to become licensed to practice in Connecticut.
- Comprehensive liability insurance.
- Current CPR certification.
- Have at least 1 year experience.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain the “whys” behind the acupuncture treatment
- Have the ability to recognize one's own limitations and respond to difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to apply academic and research knowledge to problems.
- Critically and analytically work in a self-motivated and independent way.
- Have a strong dedication to wellness lifestyle.
- Knowledge of and/or experience practicing Kiiko Matsumoto style, Japanese style, TCM, and/or Orthopedic Acupuncture is a plus.