Jr System Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Acuity Innovations LLC is a small, woman-owned defense contracting company that provides enterprise architecture, solution design, digital engineering, defensive cyberspace operations, system integration, and test and evaluation products and services that improve performance and decrease decision timelines. Our fundamental, repeatable service offering is bound in architecting, designing, securing, integrating, and verifying the operational readiness of data ecosystems.
Do you want to be part of a unique, small business that differentiates itself by:
- delivering the best products, integrated systems, and mission capabilities for the warfighter
- building long-term relationships and treating its employees as family
- deploying small but powerful High-Performance Teams, like elite Special Forces teams to each task
- collaborating within and across the Lokahi teams as well as with the customer
- providing a growth path to partnership/ownership opportunities
If you have this type of passion and desire to be part of a collaborative team environment with the innovation, initiative, and confidence to make things better, then Lokahi may be the right place to realize your personal and professional goals.
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 Federal Holidays
- Flexible Hours
- Benefits or Cash equivalent
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development/Mentorship Opportunities
- Company Sponsored Social Events
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution; will consider other Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) degrees from accredited institutions
- Must be able to demonstrate engineering principles and concepts
- Expertise with requirements development and analysis, and the development of systems engineering-related documents including requirements/specifications, interface control documents, and validation & verification plans
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; able to sort through complex issues and develop clear solutions, provide in-depth technical assessments, and identify issues and risks
- Effective interpersonal and team player skills in order to engage at both the peer and management levels
- Ability to coordinate with numerous stakeholders/customers from DoD agencies to commercial industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Clear and concise written, verbal communications and presentation skills; able to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations, and options to the customer
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple competing priorities; able to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a dynamic environment
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance are required for the position
Preferred Skills & Experiences:
- Knowledge of Digital Engineering (DE) or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) applications (i.e., SparxEA, Cameo, etc)
- Current International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) certification (i.e. ASEP, CSEP)
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes and applications (i.e., Jira/Confluence)
- Familiarity in architecture/requirements definition/analysis, acquisitions, engineering/design, fielding/integration, and verification or analysis
- Familiarity of relevant systems engineering experience
- Familiarity of relevant systems integration experience
- Familiarity of experience in a DoD program office with understanding of DoD acquisition processes and compliance with government instructions; especially prior military/civilian experience working with space systems
- Familiarity working with strategic & tactical MILSATCOM space systems (spacecraft, uplinks/downlinks, command & control, networks and/or user communities)
- All applicants selected will be subject to a background check and a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
Get fresh Defense Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.