Acuity is seeking a cleared Cyber Engineer, will become part of an agency cybersecurity program providing cyber and technology security experience to enable innovative, effective, and secure business processes. The program encompasses technical, engineering, data analytics, cyber security, to aid and advise the customer.
Acuity, Inc. is a leading digital strategy consulting firm. We offer deep domain expertise to federal agencies who serve and protect our nation’s citizens, global reputation, and critical assets. We leverage proven industry partnerships and exceptional customer service to deliver measurable and transformative results. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from The Washington Post and, we are an 8-time winner of the Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work”.
- Analyze systems, including forensically, for malware, misuse, and/or unauthorized activity.
- Investigate virus/malware alerts/incidents to determine root cause, entry point of code, damage risk, and report this information.
- Investigate and analyze of all data sources, to include Internet, client reporting, security events, firewall logs, forensic hard-drive images, and other data sources to identify malware, misuse, unauthorized activity, or other cyber security related concerns.
- Monitor, document, and respond to centrally collected virus alerts.
- Participate in project review meetings and provide technical cyber security guidance when necessary. 6. Conduct tier-lll support of current infrastructure.
- Design, test, and integrate new security products as directed by GTM.
- Ensure all network defense capabilities are kept current, patched, and securely configured and management informed of status.
- Provide engineering support for all systems such as network-based intrusion detection.
- Integrate security products, including designs for all networks.
- Maintain a network diagram for each instruction detection, cyber defense capability and sensors and make available to all personnel.
- Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring policies in a manner determined and agreed to by client.
- Provide engineering documentation and interaction with colleagues to ensure a complete and functioning system that meets requirements.
- Conduct software testing (patches, other updates); beta testing; proof of concept testing.
- Stay abreast client's directives, regulations, guidance, notices, and standards on cybersecurity.
- Have detailed knowledge of intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), Agency Cyber Security Policy, and Agency Guidance related to cybersecurity.
Have detailed knowledge of intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), Agency Cyber Security Policy, and Agency Guidance related to cybersecurity.
- BS in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, or related IT or security field.
- At least three (7) years of professional experience in cybersecurty, security engineering or security operations.
- Strong analytical skills with solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Has initiative, overcomes challenges, self-starter.
- Ability to conduct research and evaluate technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on cyber techniques.
- Familiar with analyzing network events to determine the impact on current operations and conducting all-source research to determine advisory capability and intent.
- Ability to prepare assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research, and analysis of classified and open-source information.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
About Acuity, Inc:
Acuity is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative, and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work”, Washington Post’s “Top Workplace”, and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
11710 Plaza America DriveReston, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.