CFO-In-Residence - Atlanta
Acuity Financial Experts Atlanta, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
Headquartered in Atlanta, Acuity is the modern version of what an internal finance department should be. Focused on the SMB market, we are built to scale with our successful client’s growth. We support clients throughout the United States who seek to focus on growing their companies while utilizing outsourced financial resources. In 2020 Acuity was named to both the Best Accounting Firms to Work for and Best Firms for Technology lists by Accounting Today.
We're aggressively building our CFO team and are looking for smart, ambitious people who want to help us. With an offering that has already gained a significant number of clients, a talented team of accounting and technology professionals supporting it, and a passionate entrepreneurial culture, this is a unique opportunity to join a special company.
As part of our CFO team, you bring the expertise, guidance and operational savvy to bear allowing clients to avail themselves of resources they likely could never afford on a full-time basis, but so desperately are in need of.
Performance Profile (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Utilize significant industry experience to help solve sophisticated financial challenges for a wide array of Acuity’s clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to foster and develop relationships with clients and other Acuity team members with the objective to deliver exceptional services.
- Be able to function as an operational CFO, working closely with the client’s executive team and an accounting leader for Acuity staff, when appropriate
- Provide guidance with strategic planning, capital raises, financial models, complex accounting issues, negotiation of debt with banks, compensation planning, and budgeting/forecasting.
- Ability and desire to use technology efficiently and effectively in order to improve client expectations and processes.
- Experience: “CFO” means experience. Maybe you’re relatively new to the role or maybe you’ve been a CFO for decades, but either way you are looked at by both your colleagues and your clients as a subject matter expert in financial matters and a leader within all organizations you are part of.
- Forward-looking: Your focus and skill set are on the future state of the clients you work with. Budgeting, forecasting, building processes and systems to accommodate growth...these are all areas you are comfortable dedicating your time to.
- Tenacious: You are not intimidated by expectations of a consistent and, sometimes, heavy workload across multiple clients.
- Critical Cog: You don’t back down from knowing that your responsibilities have a direct impact on the growth potential of your clients and of Acuity. This is all welcomed and seen as an opportunity. Proven Over-Achiever: You have consistently exceeded the expectations set out in front of you in previous roles.
- Efficient Communicator: You are adept at communicating to a wide range of people and are polite, yet concise. You are totally comfortable communicating on the phone, email, Slack, video chat, and other mediums. You’re as comfortable leading discussions with Board of Directors as giving staff accountants guidance.
- Tech Geek: You have experience working within a wide variety of systems, in particular cloud-based systems like QuickBooks Online, Xero, NetSuite, and Intaact. You quickly pickup any new systems that are put in front of you and look to bring new technology into the finance functions that you’ve been a part of.
- Beginners Mindset: Acuity is like a startup trying to disrupt one of the oldest and most antiquated industries: accounting. We like to move fast. Really fast. Your experience is the baseline but, you always look at issues with a fresh perspective.
- Collaborative: You enjoy working in the ultimate cross functional environment, learning from others, and collectively sharing accomplishments with others. Acuity is not a place for loners who only want to do it their way… we’re a crew who supports one another and has each other’s backs.
- Location: Candidates located in the Atlanta; GA area preferred.
- You must have experiences in equity raises from seed stage in startups and emerging companies to those seeking A or B rounds. You are comfortable with building financial models in support of these efforts and defending such in front of existing and new investors. The executive team should look to you for guidance based on past experiences you have dealt with – whether successful or not. You will have a broad understanding of what each area of the company does and how they are interdependent with each other. A methodical person who can look at a balance sheet or income statement and point out potential issues. You will have broad experiences in risk assessment, compensation/benefit plans, revenue recognition, contracts, buy vs build, internal controls, no fear of making decisions, and be collaborative with the internal resources of the client and Acuity, as needed. You relish dealing with executives who ask for your guidance.
- You are a graduate of a 4-year university with a degree in finance or accounting. CPA is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation.
- YOU get to pick your workload. Current CFO's target a billable schedule of 20-40 hours/week. Please designate your preference in your application along with what industries you have experience in ie. Healthcare, IT, SaaS, manufacturing, distribution, retail, etc.
- YOU get to pick your schedule. We ask that team members participate in 1 team call per week and the rest of the time is available for your client needs.
- All team members receive travel to our annual company paid retreat, where we spend time connecting with colleagues, partners, and industry experts.
Powered by JazzHR
Acuity Financial Experts
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Acuity Financial Experts