Acuity Eye Group is a nationally recognized group of Ophthalmology practices that specializes in a wide variety of services to help patients receive treatment for a number of different vision-related needs. Acuity Eye Group has offices located throughout several regions in Southern and Central California and we continue to grow! Currently, our group Specialists treat patients in more than 45 locations and 4 Ambulatory Surgery Centers in California. Because of our growth and the patients we need to treat, we must expand our teams and are currently looking for the right individual to join our Clinical team as an Office Manager.
The Office Manager leads a team in a single office location, as well as the Revenue and Net Operating Income (NOI) for that office. The Office Manager will develop their (Front Office and Back Office) team through effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring. They are responsible for managing the scheduling of the office personnel ensuring the office is appropriately staffed. The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring their team maintains an appropriate and adequate clinical supply and inventory in the office, while simultaneously remaining fiscally responsible. Must support the policies and goals of Acuity and thus participate in the growth and future of the company. This role is critical in increasing revenue by identifying new patients, ensure patients keep schedule appointments and ensure patients schedule visits as needed.
Although experience as a manager in a medical environment is wonderful, we also realize that those who have been successful in the hospitality environment (restaurant or hotel management) as well retail management experience translates very well to this position. The advantage for hospitality experts is a great schedule of Monday- Friday schedule leaving your nights and weekends available for family and friends!
Clinic Locations: San Deigo, CA at El Cajon Blvd
This is a full-time, permanent position
If you are the one we're looking for, in addition to helping our company continue to grow, you will also get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans for yourself and/or your family
- 401K plan with an employer match opportunity
- Life and Long-Term Disability insurance programs
- Paid Holiday and Vacation time off
- Monday- through Friday, daytime hours (for example 8:00 – 5:00)
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide effective leadership, coaching, counseling, evaluating, and mentoring of staff in an effort to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees Revenue and Profit for their office; monitor clinic performance, patient flow, expenditures and doctor schedules to ensure optimal staffing levels. Develop strategies and tactics that improve sales growth of the clinic. Act as the lead contact for clinicians for assigned office, and owns patient and operational flow of the clinic.
- Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality treatment.
- Participates in Human Resources related functions, such as Interviewing, Identifying, Selecting and Developing talent, Performance Appraisals, Disciplinary Actions, Time Card Approvals, and Salary Administration.
- Perform a variety of basic assessments: Visual Acuity (VA) assessment, intraocular pressure (IOP) tests with a Tonopen unit, Visual Field (VF) tests, Flourescein Angiogram (FA) procedures, Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICG) procedure, Refraction test, Administer topical ophthalmic and dilation medications to a patient. (note: these skills can be trained).
- Collect and document the patient’s chief complaint. Verify the patient’s ocular and medical health history. Document medications patient is taking. Ensure that patients read and sign the consents. Provides written instructions and/or patient education materials for the patient to review at home. Ensure patient understands all instructions.
- Ability to take Fundus photos.
- Ensure all check lists, procedure logs, charge outs, and medical logs are performed daily.
- Responsible for all retina medications (storage, refrigeration, temperature log, etc.).
- Work with the Compliance Department to conduct required compliance audits for Office (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Correctly summarize and document what the physician says during an examination, including but not limited to, proper charting of the examination: documenting additions to the chief complaint, assessment and recommendations for treatment.
- Files charts, demographic forms, HIPAA Acknowledgement forms, insurance cards, etc. and ensure that they are accurately and completely uploaded into Care Cloud System.
- Receives supply deliveries and rerouting them to appropriate staff. Daily supply inventory and ensure that all exam rooms are well-stocked.
For this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- At least 5 or more years of related work experience.
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
We hope (but don't require) that you also have:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience as an Office Manager and/or experience in the Ophthalmic industry.
- Knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and Care Cloud applications.
Job Type: Full-time