We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 13,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Team
If you want to be on the cutting edge of technology and touch all facets of business, then this is the group for you! This position will expose you to the Acuity Brands product portfolio and business systems. In this position, you will become the product subject matter expert, preparing you for a wide variety of product leadership, sales, and even marketing roles. Your technical and systems expertise will shine as you assist the product teams in launching new innovative products that will transform the lighting industry.
This team is located in a recently renovated Innovation center in Decatur, GA, which houses state of the art design validation equipment, teams and facilities. The onsite cafe, game room, indoor/outdoor exercise facilities and four-day work week offer competitive work-life balance opportunities to achieve the collective business and personal goals.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will make an impact by:
- Administering superior technical support via phone or e-mail to internal and external customers in the areas of product troubleshooting, diagnosis, programming or reprogramming, part identification, repair and wiring of internal components
- Assisting internal and external customers with product validation. Identifying fixtures using digital photos in order to provide replacement parts or replacement fixtures. Assisting Post Sales with replacements parts identification and other technical questions
- Growing in product and technical knowledge/capabilities through product trainings - utilizing a blend of self-directed, formal classroom style and online instruction
- Capturing data in the proper format as directed. This includes, but is not limited to, specific product or troubleshooting answers into cases within Salesforce, daily work tracking, statistics and metrics tracking, customer surveys, lighting controls database maintenance, etc.
- High School diploma or GED required. Technical Degree or BS preferred.
- Experience with computer applications - Oracle, Microsoft Outlook, Knowledge of Product Lines. Ability to use company intranet to obtain technical data
- Technical aptitude - Electrical, wiring, reading schematics, reading/interpreting wiring diagrams.
- Call Center Experience preferred
- Understanding of the fundamentals of manufacturing preferred.
- Light work
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (770) 922-9000.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Req ID: 1265
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Technical Support, Engineer, Electrical, Oracle, Database, Technology, Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled