We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Team:
If you want to be on the cutting edge of technology and touch all facets of business, then this is the group for you! This position will expose you to the Acuity Brands product portfolio and business systems. In this position, you will become the product subject matter expert, preparing you for a wide variety of product leadership, sales, and even marketing roles. Your technical and systems expertise will shine as you assist the product teams in launching new innovative products that will transform the lighting industry.
This team is located in a recently renovated Innovation center in Decatur, GA, which houses state of the art design validation equipment, teams and facilities. The onsite cafe, game room, indoor/outdoor exercise facilities and work-from-home Fridays (once fully trained) offer competitive work-life balance opportunities to achieve the collective business and personal goals.
As a Lighting Technical Support Specialist, you will make an impact by:
- Administering superior technical support via phone or e-mail to internal and external customers in the areas of product troubleshooting, diagnosis, programming or reprogramming, part identification, repair and wiring of internal components
- Assisting internal and external customers with product validation. Identifying fixtures using digital photos in order to provide replacement parts or replacement fixtures. Assisting Post Sales with replacements parts identification and other technical questions
- Growing in product and technical knowledge/capabilities through product trainings - utilizing a blend of self-directed, formal classroom style and online instruction
- Capturing data in the proper format as directed. This includes, but is not limited to, specific product or troubleshooting answers into cases within Salesforce, daily work tracking, statistics and metrics tracking, customer surveys, lighting controls database maintenance, etc.
- BS or BA, AS or AA. Technical degree preferred.
- 3 years' experience in a Call Center environment with a related electrical product; high volume preferred.
- Working knowledge of lighting products (industrial fixtures is ideal).
- Technical aptitude - Electrical, wiring, reading schematics, reading/interpreting wiring diagrams.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with computer applications - Oracle, Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce. Ability to use company intranet to obtain technical data.
- English / Spanish language skills helpful.
- Light work
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreaderoptimized.pdf and here at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-VerifyParticipationPosterES.pdf for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Req ID: 1390
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Technical Support, Engineer, Electrical, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled