Sales Director # 9869
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description / Qualifications
A Pharmaceutical/Chemical company seeks a Sales Deputy Director for their Pharma Chemical Department. This position can be hybrid or full remote (only if the candidate lives too far to commute). This position starts in mid-April 2022.
1. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
This position is responsible for sales of the Company’s HPC and related products (Company products) in the, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food ingredients and industrial market of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina (Territory) in order to support growth of the business.
Primary Job Functions:
- Manages Customer Relationships by reviewing and evaluating sales and marketing plans for key products; by maintaining close communication with key customer management and sales and marketing staff to build strong, long-lasting customer relationships; by monitoring sales performance and gaining real time market knowledge; by ensuring smooth ordering and product fulfillment; by determining the causes of and resolving issues in a timely manner; and by providing clear understanding and communication to Japanese pharma chemicals staff and to affiliates.
- Performs Technical Presentations and Support by conducting on-site and/or web-based technical seminars for targeted parties, such as, pharmaceutical scientists; by informing participants about the Company’s HPC characteristics including technical properties and examples of applications; by providing pharmaceutical scientists with sample testing of HPC; and by performing technical support for application development and testing.
- Represents the Company by maintaining relationships within the industry, such as distributors, current customers, industry players, academic leaders, etc.; by participating and supporting International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council, for example, attending meetings, advocating for excipients manufacturers, etc.; and by attending trade shows and other events as necessary in order to increase the presence of the Company.
- Performs Regulatory Support by including communication with regulatory authorities and customers to support the HPC business.
Secondary Job Functions :
- Keeps Senior Management or HQ Informed by participating in meetings; by submitting weekly report; reporting problems to Senior Management verbally or in writing to avoid confusion and further problems.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local Requirements by studying existing and new regulations; by adhering to requirements; and by filing reports as necessary.
Common Job Functions :
- Attends Quarterly Staff Meeting.
- Contributes to the Team Effort by being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other Staff as needed; and by accomplishing related tasks when requested.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge by attaining job-related certification; by keeping up on industry trends; and by applying that knowledge to the job.
- Acts on Constructive Feedback by being open to feedback from peers, Supervisors, and clients; and by using the feedback to improve performance.
- Improves Processes by examining departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
- Upholds Work Standards by maintaining professional conduct and appearance; by realizing one’s own limitations and seeking assistance when needed; and by using established communication channels.
2. Other Duties
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises one employee in the Pharma Chemicals Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department; interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising employee performance; and serving as a coach or mentor for other employees in other departments within the organization as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or university in pharm science or equivalent pharmexperience; and at least 10-12 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Language Skills :
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, forms and instructions in English.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from Management, Staff, clients, and the general public in English.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups in English.
- Ability to effectively deliver presentations to Managers, Staff, clients, and the general public in English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and to draw and interpret data, statistics, and graphs.
- Ability to develop custom valuation models and financial scenarios in Excel
- Ability to apply knowledge and sense of understanding to carry-out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to analyze and use various documents (reports, contracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- Ability to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and be able to design custom reports as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Staff Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Staff Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to pick-up, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The Staff Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
5. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. working in a business office with computers, printers, and telephones).
6. Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be tactful, mature, flexible and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Must have experience with and managing various business functions including product technical, marketing, sales, operations, finance, regulatory. Must be able to perform these functions independently with little management oversight.
- Must be able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Bilingualism in English and Japanese preferred.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel domestically or internationally for business, and work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
- Must be able to be on-call as necessary during emergencies.
Salary: 120k-140k (DOE) + Bonus
Location: Edison, NJ or Full Remote
Travel: 60-70% (pre-COVID)
Start: Mid-April 2022
Edison (New Jersey)
120k-140k + bonus
Actus Consulting Group
This company is an independent New York-focused media planning and marketing solutions firm. Dedicated to developing customized plans that optimize our clients ‘media investment, we generate exciting, innovative ad opportunities in a media spectrum that is always shifting and evolving. We have a dynamic energy committed to mobilizing our clients’ media strategy and accomplishing their goals through synergy and efficiency.
BusinessView all jobs at Actus Consulting Group