Customer Support Engineer - Dicer /Back Grinder
- Posted: over a month ago
- $59,000 to $67,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Japanese manufacturing company (Semiconductor industry) is seeking a Customer Support Engineer - Dicer /Back Grinder
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer - Dicer /Back Grinder
Department: Dicer/Back Grinder Products
Reports To: Product Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Language: English: Native level
SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of this Customer Support Engineer position include, but are not limited to, providing customer engineering support for Dicer /Back Grinder products and general support for all other divisions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Install, repair, and maintain Dicer /Back Grinder and related peripherals.
• Perform Periodical Maintenance (PM)
• Perform basic repairs and communicate with the customer regarding status of installs/PM and repairs.
• Communicate with customers regarding the current and future applications requirements and coordinate this information with the application engineering department.
• Understand and communicate information relating to customer device trends and strategies.
• Complete detailed Field Service Reports (FSRs) and submit to management in a timely manner.
• Document issues that cannot be resolved immediately at the customer site by using appropriate format (i.e. New Enhancement Requests (NERs), Bug Reports).
• Learn how customer uses system in device development and manufacturing to identify future enhancement opportunities.
• Travel as required to perform these duties and to obtain training.
• All other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BSME or BSEE preferred, but AA or Technical School degree/certification with at least two year experience as a customer support engineer for Dicer /Back Grinder or other similar equipment; or an equivalent combination of the above education and experience is sufficient. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English Language Ability. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Japanese Language is a plus.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Very high mathematical and computational ability. Able to quickly grasp the scientific principals behind very complex machinery and learn the operation of this machinery. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Able to quickly ascertain and resolve equipment problems at customer sites.
REASONING ABILITY: Excellent analytical ability and strong capability to make sound judgments. Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Training Certificates for Dicer /PG and/or other equipment is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift up to fifty pounds, unassisted. Must be able to push, pull, or move heavy machinery or equipment with or without assistance. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Manufacturing/plant work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Actus Consulting Group
This company is an independent New York-focused media planning and marketing solutions firm. Dedicated to developing customized plans that optimize our clients ‘media investment, we generate exciting, innovative ad opportunities in a media spectrum that is always shifting and evolving. We have a dynamic energy committed to mobilizing our clients’ media strategy and accomplishing their goals through synergy and efficiency.
TechnologyView all jobs at Actus Consulting Group