Japanese manufacturing company is seeking an Accounting & Finance Assistant.
- Manages monthly closing procedures and performance various detailed analysis including budget to actual analysis.
- Coordinates with staff to prepare consolidation reporting package for parent company and consolidated financial statements with appropriate footnote disclosures per US GAAP.
- Coordinates with staff to perform inter-company invoicing and balance reconciliation with affiliates in US and Canada.
- Manages to prepare the budget by coordinating with various departments and management to achieve financial KPI's and objectives.
- Support budget and forecasting activities of affiliates in US and Canada.
- Collaborates with external tax consultants and Accounting Manager to calculate income tax provision, set up income tax payments, and filing tax returns by mail or electronically.
- Prepares and provides necessary information needed for external tax consultants to calculate income tax estimated payments, prepare income tax returns and prepare advanced pricing agreement between US affiliates and parent company.
- Establishes, maintains, and standardizes accounting policies and procedures for reliable and accurate financial reporting based on US GAAP, parent company requirements, federal, state, and local tax laws,
- Provides assistance with complex accounting transactions suck as capital lease, fixed asset impairment, and retroactive price adjustments for management and affiliate's accounting departments by researching US GAPP and establishing a template and schedule.
- Assists Vice President on daily cash funding and daily cash position report to track the group entity's daily business cash flow.
- Provides necessary documents and supports for quarterly review, interim and year-end audit, and internal control audit performed by an external audit firm.
- Supports development of policies, systems, special financial studies as requested by management.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and its report preparation including; supporting preparation of mid-term business plan; Structuring FX hedging scheme on behalf of NA entities; Exploring new tasks to junior staffs before implementing continuous process improvements to ensure the group invests the worktime saved from the improvements into the core purpose of the profit while maintaining manpower.
- Provides assistance to responding to customers and parent company' inquires.
- Performs training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions or non-routine accounting situations.
- Performs bookkeeping and bank transactions when required.
- Communicates with every members of the company, its affiliates and other business partners in a professional and sensible manner with respect, tact, and courtesy.
- B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Experience in leading a project or managing a small team (2-5) as a Sr. level staff is a plus
- Excellent communication skill in English
- Proficient in Microsoft office
SALARY: $60-68K (Exempt)
LOCATION: Bloomingdale, IL
HOURS: Mon- Fri 8:00am-5:00pm